Lez Zetli

Bacon and eggs
Fully vaccinated in UK, Turkish Health Service calls me for vaccination. Now what?
I have dual nationality, I'm in Turkey and registered in the Turkish health service. I've just had a text message from the Turkish health service asking me to make an appointment for my C-19 jabs. Has anyone had this and dealt with it successfully?

I can imagine that at some point Turkey might start asking for proof of vaccination for such things as entering various places. I have the NHS app which shows my vaccination status but it's in English. Ideally I should be able to update my Turkish health record with that status...

jakebeak

Fully vaccinated in UK, Turkish Health Service calls me for vaccination. Now what?
Why not just go to your local hospital or health clinic and tell them that you are fully vaccinated from the UK and don't need to get it done in Turkey?

Lez Zetli

Bacon and eggs
Why not just go to your local hospital or health clinic and tell them that you are fully vaccinated from the UK and don't need to get it done in Turkey?
Thanks, but I can imagine it will be more than that. For example, when I look at it the other way round, a Briton fully vaccinated in Turkey, I suspect that turning up in the UK at my doctor's and telling him that I was vaccinated abroad I can imagine some hurdles having to be jumped to get my vaccinations appear on my NHS digital app.

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
I think the easiest way is to get the jabs done again here.

judgejules53

Julesworth
Thanks, but I can imagine it will be more than that. For example, when I look at it the other way round, a Briton fully vaccinated in Turkey, I suspect that turning up in the UK at my doctor's and telling him that I was vaccinated abroad I can imagine some hurdles having to be jumped to get my vaccinations appear on my NHS digital app.
Hi, if you send email to the address below and ask for your UK vaccination record to be added to your enabiz account, they should be able to help you as they deal with this side of things...

hesdestek@saglik.gov.tr

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
they were talking about booster jabs, so I assumed not, but I have no medical evidence to back it up.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Last I read on the subject in the UK they were considering offering booster jabs of a different type of vaccine at a later date, not sure if that will happen, they don't know how long the initial vaccines will offer adequate protection for.

judgejules53

Julesworth
Last I read on the subject in the UK they were considering offering booster jabs of a different type of vaccine at a later date, not sure if that will happen, they don't know how long the initial vaccines will offer adequate protection for.
Same here in Turkey, they are in the process of developing an in-house vaccine, they've talked about administering 6 months after the 2nd jab...

Mushroom

Top Poster Of Month
A mate of mine was at his GP's recently. He has had both his jabs but the practice Nurse said they are expecting to be doing booster jabs by about October.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
A mate of mine was at his GP's recently. He has had both his jabs but the practice Nurse said they are expecting to be doing booster jabs by about October.
That's pretty much what I heard, also they would be prioritising those already on the list for annual flu jabs like me

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Same here in Turkey, they are in the process of developing an in-house vaccine, they've talked about administering 6 months after the 2nd jab...
you wann cips wiv dat ?
steve

jakebeak

I don't think there's any problem with coming to Turkey having had vaccinations in the UK. They do understand that they are valid so not a problem. Having four vaccinations seems a bit daft to me.

Lez Zetli

Bacon and eggs
Hi, if you send email to the address below and ask for your UK vaccination record to be added to your enabiz account, they should be able to help you as they deal with this side of things...

hesdestek@saglik.gov.tr
Thanks for the lead! Showing that I'm vaccinated on both systems is what I'm looking for and this is worth pursuing.

Lez Zetli

Bacon and eggs
Re booster jabs, as far as I know these are not the same as the original jabs. I seem to remember reading that they are tweaked to take account of variants...

REDDERS

I have dual nationality, I'm in Turkey and registered in the Turkish health service. I've just had a text message from the Turkish health service asking me to make an appointment for my C-19 jabs. Has anyone had this and dealt with it successfully?

I can imagine that at some point Turkey might start asking for proof of vaccination for such things as entering various places. I have the NHS app which shows my vaccination status but it's in English. Ideally I should be able to update my Turkish health record with that status...
I have 2 friends just back from the UK. One has had both injections in the UK with the card as proof. Turkish doctor says she will need to wait for the UK or universal vaccination passport to be issued & apply for that.
Another had 1st vaccination in the UK then flew to Turkey & her Doctor here did allow her to have the 2nd jab of the same manufacturer BUT at present there seems no way she can get the 1st jab entered into the Turkish HES/e nabiz system to get her Turkish vaccination certificate.

Lez Zetli

Bacon and eggs
I have 2 friends just back from the UK. One has had both injections in the UK with the card as proof. Turkish doctor says she will need to wait for the UK or universal vaccination passport to be issued & apply for that.
Another had 1st vaccination in the UK then flew to Turkey & her Doctor here did allow her to have the 2nd jab of the same manufacturer BUT at present there seems no way she can get the 1st jab entered into the Turkish HES/e nabiz system to get her Turkish vaccination certificate.
Thanks, Redders. Confusion reigns! Maybe it'll become clearer in time.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom