Akasya

Postless Pointer
Fruits in Turkey
I adore Turkish fruit and veg , such good quality and so reasonably priced

A couple of questions if i may....

Do blackberries grow in Turkey , same for raspberries...

Would they fruit very early if they did

Can strawberries be grown in planters , window boxes , what time of year would they come into season.

Can all of the above be purchased from garden centres or the like.

Thanks , Steve.

louise17

Fruits in Turkey
Blackberries have been & gone, never seen raspberries here. Strawberries do grow in small pots but they would be finishing now too, I can't remember exactly when I've seen the strawberry plants, but they sell them in the pazrars, green grocers. Hope that's helped a bit!

Carolyn

Fruits in Turkey
I have bought raspberries - ahududu - in the market and in supermarkets so assume they do grow somewhere in this vast country. I am not sure where though.

niamh

Fruits in Turkey
Blackberries only just ripened here :) not seen rasps but have heard you can get them. I used to have container strawberries and saw them being sold at garden center a few weeks ago x

Marggie

Fruits in Turkey
Raspberries will soon be in the markets. Around Fethiye canes can be bought from a garden centre in Nif.

kassy

Fruits in Turkey
We grow raspberrys here in Turkey we brought the canes from the UK. We are now picking them not many at th moment but in 2 months time we will have the main crop. We choose late fruiting canes because they fruit longer and in the winter you cut them down to 20cm.

beyazbayan

Fruits in Turkey
Raspberries grow in the Karadeniz region and also saw rhubarb. We get blackberries here in the mountains above Alanya and they are big ones we picked loads and froze them. Love blacberry and apple pie.

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Fruits in Turkey
If you do grow Raspberries and Blackberries Steve I will be round. Tonight we had Fresh Brittish Strawberrirs, Raspberries and Blackberries (thanks Aldi) in Brandy Baskets with fresh cream. Yummy.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom