angelaturkey

Days On The Beach in Side
Fresh Bacon and Sausages at nearby Farm
In case those of you in the Side/Manavgat area don't know - you can get bacon and sausages at the Ostrich Farm in Manavgat as it is, in fact, a pig farm but they cannot advertise it as such because they don't want to offend the local Muslims.

The farm is an excellent day out for both adults and children. They allow the kids to ride the ostriches, donkeys and llamas and you can all try the Full English Breakfasts they serve if you like too.

A lot of the bars and restaurants in Side have deliveries from them of fresh sausages and bacon. If you order a fair amount, they will deliver to you too. Or phone them from, say, Manavgat waterfall area and they will come down and you can follow them up the road to the farm.

Tropic Apart Hotel in Side is associated with this farm and serves ostrich on its menu there. They also offer trips to the farm. See www dot tropical dot com dot tr - TROPICAL GROUP HOTELS - and it's the first one there; click English flag. Also a Contact Form you can fill in + phone numbers.

stephie

Stephie
Do you know where we can get milk other than UHT? We are over near Belek - Tasagil. Husband hates UHT - ! Not awfully familiar with the area yet as we have only just bought our appartment.

hi angela..its a good day out as you say..Warren butt007 went there with a group from Alanya a few weeks ago and they had a great day..many in the group placed orders and had a delivery and everybody was pleased with their order.He also left a lot of contact numbers..you can see his post by using the search facility.

Stephie ..from where you live you can get to a Migros in Manavgat..or maybe nearer in Serik
ask for Taze Süt fresh milk
long life is uzun ömerlü say it...uz un oer mer luu... so look on the karton

Last edited:

gra

belek member
Hi

can anyone give directions to the farm.

Thanks, Gra

angelaturkey

Apparently the farm is a bit tricky to find if you don't know the area, according to my friends who went there, but you can phone the Ostrich Farm and they will bring the car down to meet you at, say Manavgat Waterfalls Car Park - then you can follow them up there. It's only about 5 minutes from the waterfalls.

I hope to go there myself in the next 2 or 3 weeks, so will go back on here then and report first hand. Unless anyone else gets there before me on this Forum?! It would be interesting to get others feedback of their experience.

angelaturkey

After much hunting about this website, I finally found the article by "butt007" all about this ... go to Alanya Forum ... Pig Farm and Sausages ... 18th March 2009 and lots of interesting information there, including

a mobile number of the farm = 0532-787-4802

and reference to a nearby zoo and good place to eat near the waterfalls with fresh trout. Partly quoted here for you:-

Price lira Kg
Pork Ribs 15 1
Belly Pork 17 1
Pigs Trotters 17 1
Roasting Joint 25 1
Filet Steak 27 1
Pork chops 27 1
Bacon 25 1

Boiled Ham 27 1
Smoked Ham 45 1

Liver Pate 20 1
Sausage 20 1
Spiced Sausage 20 1
Hot-Dog Sausage 25 1
Gypsy Pate 25 1
and more

Cheese 20 1

k9jack

k9jack
Hi, Any idea of prices for sausages and bacon, save bringing over

angelaturkey

Price lira Kg
Pork Ribs 15 1
Belly Pork 17 1
Pigs Trotters 17 1
Roasting Joint 25 1
Filet Steak 27 1
Pork chops 27 1
Bacon 25 1

Boiled Ham 27 1
Smoked Ham 45 1

Liver Pate 20 1
Sausage 20 1
Spiced Sausage 20 1
Hot-Dog Sausage 25 1
Gypsy Pate 25 1
and more

Cheese 20 1

Mobile Phone 05327874802
Tropic Farm,
Celtikci, Koyu/Manavgat.

butt007

Warren
Go to "Pig farm and sausages" in the alanya forum, I put the price list in at the time which was March.
Warren

Thanks for that Angela, will take our grandson there in September. Will probably combine it with a visit to the waterfalls and then a taxi up to the farm.

Sue

Try the 0% uht milk The wife love it in her tea and not a bit like the non fat milk back home Happy supping

Derek

Martian106

Yeah went to farm, not quiet what I was expecting, the horses looked a little thin to say the least, the ostriches looked a Little psychotic, The pigs did not have enough shelter so some where getting a little sunburnt, the place was deserted, apart from a old Turkish bloke and his dog, We wondered around not knowing what to do when a jolly "Farmers wife" (what is Ooohh arrgh in Turkish?) came rushing down , very nice lady, the kids at this point where board so we purchased 4 packs of Bacon and sausages and ran, BUT , what bacon, a bit pricey, but gorgeous , sausages not so good, cross between a banger and a frankfurter. Not sure I would trust the Ostriches, but would go back for bacon, that's a given.............

gra

belek member
Hi

We phoned the mobile number (last week) given in a previous post and were told the farm had closed, does martain 106 have a direct number for the farm.

Thanks Gra

Martian106

Sorry no, just went on spec, 2 hours driving around, as you head into Manavgat from Alanya , just before the slip/local road starts on the side of the D400 there is turn next to a stone masons. Turn right there carry on up the road until you get to a fork bear left into the village, you will see a mosque bear left you will see a bright Orange sign propped up against the wall saying 75 Meters to the farm, it is a darn site more than that, carry on up the track it's on the left.....

Besty I can do

Reactions: gra

Martian106

:28::28::28:
sorry no, just went on spec, 2 hours driving around, as you head into manavgat from alanya , just before the slip/local road starts on the side of the d400 there is turn next to a stone masons. Turn right there carry on up the road until you get to a fork bear left into the village, you will see a mosque bear left you will see a bright orange sign propped up against the wall saying 75 meters to the farm, it is a darn site more than that, carry on up the track it's on the left.....

Besty i can do

angelaturkey

Apparently ostrich meat is 5 x better than any melt-in-the-mouth steak. I'll be in Side next week and will let you know ...

In the meantime, for anyone wanting to go to the Manavgat farm and finding it tricky to get to - - why not go to Side beach - between the main PTT and Old Town Side - where they have trips = Tropic Apart Hotel in Side is associated with this farm and serves ostrich on its menu there. They also offer trips to the farm. See www dot tropical dot com dot tr - TROPICAL GROUP HOTELS - and it's the first one there; click English flag. Also a Contact Form you can fill in + land-line phone numbers.

Warning: I did email them a few weeks ago with queries but they have yet to get back to me. Their email may not be working. Probably best, therefore, to make a quick phone call. :504xn:

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
We have farmers markets in our villages in the UK, have tried Ostrich steaks from a farmer near us Angela, and they are, melt in the mouth, hardly needed cooking, very delish.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom