Gail

Free indoor water feature
Before going to bed last night I checked the forecast, storms forecast last night and today. Being a bit thick did I put a bucket down where we have had an occasional 'drip' before? No. The rain through the night was torrential, I was lying in my nice comfortable warm bed, dog fast asleep at my feet, hubby snoring beside me and being a thick, did I think, maybe the water will come in again? No. Woke this morning to the sound of rain yet again and being a bit thick, did I think, I bet there's been a bit of a drip? No. Got downstairs and stood straight into water! You won't believe what I am going to tell you next! Where we had a drip before the freakin water was coming through, we have an Ottoman Dome at the top of the house and it must have a small crack in it so the water easily found it's way through. All mopped up and nice and warm and dry again now, just have to put up with the sound of Japanese water torture, drip, drip, drip (that's the water not me!!!!!!).

Last edited:

hijo

in my own clique
Re: Indoor water features

..the problem with designs in turkish houses ..that most pf the waste pipes are concealed in the ceilings .and if the seal on the joint goes..theres not really much you can do about it ..except cut the ceiling away and do the repairs..one of our ceilings collapsed last year,and we renewed the seals and a new ceiling..mind you our insurance covered most of the costs..but they would,nt cover the cost of the king size bed ..and the duvet and bedding that the ceiling collapsed on..:amen:

Hi gail, same here last night dont know what made me get up at 4 this morning put a towel at patio door and left the mats and put portias bed into the bedroom, got up today and a nice pool in the living room, oh the joys off living in turkey lol, chat soon
Jim.

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
We were lucky last night. No swimming pool in the conservatory. Maybe the wind was blowing in a different direction.

babsgood

Deemon in disguise
the wind direction last night meant that only one of the upstairs water features appeared, however it was the one directly outside the bedroom door between the bedroom and bathroom, I got a nasty shock and wet feet when nipping to the loo in the night!

Here in Side we escaped the storm last night but it has been raining all day since about 10.00 am so I am expecting our water feature in the bedroom before long. The wind is now getting up (hubby swears it's not him):smile:
so we may be extra lucky and get the patio water features coming in to see us. Glad it's not my turn to take the dog for her next walk!!

Pics of water features taken about last September

Attachments

• turkey again 008.jpg
    turkey again 008.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 35
  • turkey again 019.jpg
    turkey again 019.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

Sara-666

Well it's been raining here in our quiet village just outside of Mumcular more or less constantly for over 17 hours now, we have a waterfall coming through our walls around our garden, a river running through our garden and an outdoor swimming pool on the driveway that we didn't have yesterday. When we woke this morning to no electricity our stairs to the roof were a bit wet but as of 30 minutes ago we have no indoor waterfall, so all is going well. We were an hour late getting our eldest to school as we couldn't get out of the drive due to the 'river', then when hubby went to pick him up the only road that would have got us there was impassable to anyone without a very heavy four wheel drive as this also had turned into a river!

I am just glad that we went shopping yesterday and can go without leaving the house for the next few days if this is going to continue, I am also thankful that despite this much rain we have no leaking roof or walls yet!

Sara

I've put 3 photos in the members gallery but have no clue how to attach them here if anybody can help??

Last edited:

Chris&Cem

Before going to bed last night I checked the forecast, storms forecast last night and today. Being a bit thick did I put a bucket down where we have had an occasional 'drip' before? No. The rain through the night was torrential, I was lying in my nice comfortable warm bed, dog fast asleep at my feet, hubby snoring beside me and being a thick, did I think, maybe the water will come in again? No. Woke this morning to the sound of rain yet again and being a bit thick, did I think, I bet there's been a bit of a drip? No. Got downstairs and stood straight into water! You won't believe what I am going to tell you next! Where we had a drip before the freakin water was coming through, we have an Ottoman Dome at the top of the house and it must have a small crack in it so the water easily found it's way through. All mopped up and nice and warm and dry again now, just have to put up with the sound of Japanese water torture, drip, drip, drip (that's the water not me!!!!!!).

Thick? I don't think so. I had a lovely water feature last week - a Niagara falls type one caused by frozen pipes which burst blowing the taps off. The plumber came but said we had to wait till the pipes underground thawed out to find where the problem was and switched the water off at the mains - or so I thought. Little did I know that Cem had already switched the tap off, so the plumber had turned it back on !!! So when the thaw came, so did Niagara. So no, that is "thickness". Hope you stay warm and dry.
:splat:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom