merlin

Forum Photo Gallery.... How to browse/upload your own....
Uploading to your Gallery & Browsing other Members Photos Galleries

On the left hand side of the forum you will see menu options.

Select "Photo Gallery"

mushroom20lj.jpg

Browsing the Gallery

When a new member joins the forum, they are automatically created a Gallery account for uploading their pictures to share with other forum members. There is no restriction on the size of the photos nor is there a limit on the quantity. Before photos appear on the forum, they will be approved by the Admin Team to make sure that the content is appropriate for the forum.

Under the heading Categories you will see two options.

1. Member Galleries

2. Maps of Turkey

Select option 1 and browse a complete list of members who have uploaded their photos to the gallery. For each member you can see how many photos they have uploaded, how many times the gallery has been viewed and whether other members have left comments about their photos.

Option 2 is an area of the picture gallery for maps of Turkey. The thumbnail pictures may appear very small however, if you click on the map of interest once, it will be redisplayed to fit the size of your computer screen. If you want to see the map in its full size (if available) click on the full screen map and you will see the full size map. If you want to save any of the images displayed, mouse over the image, right mouse click and select "save picture as".

Uploading your pictures to your gallery

mushroom20lj.jpg

To upload to your gallery you must be logged into the forum as usual with your member name. This way the forum knows which section to store the photos you upload.

At the top right hand side of the screen you will see 4 options.

Home - Search - Profile - Upload Photos

Select the Upload Photos option.

mushroom33fv.jpg

A new screen menu will be displayed with your member user name.

Underneath the username you are invited to select the area of the gallery you want to store your photos. Unless you are uploading maps for everyone to share, you should stick with the default option thats displayed already. "Member Galleries".

You upload photos one-by-one. So the next option on the menu Select the photo you wish to upload from your computer. Click the "browse" button and you will see a new window open. This new window is now looking on your computer and asking you to locate the photo you wish to upload.

mushroom48hz.jpg

For demonstration purposes the screen capture above shows a directory on my computer called "new kusadasi" and I can select any of the photos within to upload to the forum. File types allowed for upload are jpg, jpeg, png, bmp or gif.

mushroom59jf.jpg

As you can see from the above capture, I selected a photo called cine.jpg

Once you are happy with your photo selection, click "open". The window previously open on your computer will close and the filename information you selected with its path will be placed in the forum menu automatically.

mushroom69ff.jpg

The next box requires a title for the photo you are uploading. Just a brief description will do. This information will be displayed alongside the photo later, so keep it short, and check your spelling. Seeing the picture I am uploading is one of Cine. I will add the description "Aydin - Cine"

The next option allows you to enter much greater information about the picture you are uploading. Its not mandatory however, there may be some information that will help members understand more about the picture or perhaps you used a special lens or timing to take the snap. Anything of interest can be added here.

Now, lets scroll down the page a little.

mushroom88ks.jpg

All looks a tad confusing. Dont worry, there is only one option here that may be of interest to you.

Under "extra options" you can select whether when another member leaves a comment on one of your photos in the gallery, you automatically get sent an email. The default option is no, if you want to receive an email, select yes.

The other options are really not important and need no adjustment.

To finish the process, you just need to select the Upload/Submit button to begin the upload process.

Lets not forget that right now, the photo is still on your computer so has to be transferred to the forum. Depending on the internet connection you have this can take a few minutes. Be patient. Once the upload has been completed, you will be taken to a new screen where the image you uploaded will be displayed together with all the relevant information on the picture.

mushroom98pr.jpg

If you wish to upload another picture, just select the Upload Photo option again and begin the process all over.

Merv!

Last edited:

merlin

I should add that there is currently no option to delete photos when they have been uploaded, other than contacting the Mod Team.

So be warned... make sure you are careful which pictures you upload :lol:

Merv!

tony&rose

tony&rose
hi merv,hope you can help,having trouble uploading photos,when i try to upload i get a message fatal error allowed memory size exhausted.regardes tony

duttssie

duttssie
i have tried all that , then it says it is uploading , and tells me mypics are to big , it will only allow 100.100
i hhhave tried loadsof pics but always the same box appears

Mushtaq

Founding Member
duttssie said:
i have tried all that , then it says it is uploading , and tells me mypics are to big , it will only allow 100.100
i hhhave tried loadsof pics but always the same box appears

the 100x100 size limitation is for Avatar pictures, you need to resize it to fit.

Summertime

Golden Girls
Hello
How do I delete photos from my album?
Does anybody know?

Mushtaq

Founding Member
Hello
How do I delete photos from my album?
Does anybody know?

If you go to your gallery, there is a 'Photo Options' menu just above the 4 pictures are shown above the main image.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom