Valian

Let sleeping dogs lie
Foreigners Selling-Up In Kusadasi
It's the same in the Didim area. Unsurprisingly.

The huge difference is that Turks get their Tapu in 1 day, no chance for anyone to pull a fast one. But the poor old foreigner is at the mercy of either the builder, the estate agent or both - all up against the 'thanks for your cash, but we are still waiting for the military check to come back (but in the meantime we have sold your property to someone else as we needed the money)'. A Tapu in the hand is worth 2 in the bush.

Until this changes or foreigners refuse to hand over any money apart from a small deposit until their Tapu is in their hand, nothing will change.

Last edited:

hijo

in my own clique
..this story is very typical of many people that i speak to here in kusadasi..if this continues ,that people are being ripped of when buying properties then it will have an effect on tourism and the turkish econonmy,some of the problems are not only caused by turks ..sometimes its the people who come here to buy properties..and just don,t do their homework..things are different here than in the uk ,or wherever..in the uk you can just go and buy a house ,fairly easily ,in the uk you can buy a car very easily,also get a telephone connected,internet ,even down to getting your electric and water connected...here all these things are very difficult..to say the least..i just hope the goverment sometime will ease these difficulties if they want to see a continuing growth in turkey....ps the only thing that gets me ,is paying residence fees..next year we will have to pay around 1400 lira.for both of us ..now thats a bummer..:35:

bobthenob

Non Active Member
I feel like this was a trap,:decision: all set up deliberately to exploit the foreigner’s money.All they had to do was find a way to get them over here,where now they have them where they want them ,just like a captured prey in a loins den,where the predator will start devouring you with it’s aggressive mind.
They used very attractive advertisements,just like the series of, "A place in the sun", promoting the properties for sale at very low prices.That done the trick and the crooks all around[maybe mafia related] came flooding in to set up the businesses to exploit this in the nineties.
They set up a team of crooks and plan how their system can work to rob the foreigner’s of their money.First is the estate agent with their grooming behaviour,then on to the builder with his pretence in letting the viewer know the house is in good shape,then off to the so called solicitor that is in liaison with the other two that doesn’t do the job properly that was suppose have been done in the first place, to avoid such corruption to happen.
I would like to point out also, before l go any further not all business have corrupt minds.l know of an estate agent that is loyal and honourable,a builder l knew kept to his word and done the jobs with the right tapu given to me in my hand the next day,and also a solicitor l always stick to,because he has shown to me and to others, that he does the job he has been payed to do.All l am doing is attacking and condemning the evil minds that seems to be getting away with it time and time again.lt’s like these crooks know how the system works where they are allowed to carry on with their criminal activities towards the one’s that are bringing money into the country without the fear of being sued.But the system seems to make it very hard and almost impossible for the foreigner to seek the proper justice to which he is entitled to.This is why l think it has been set up deliberate to rake in as much money as possible in a very short period of time to boost the economy to qualify for the E.U in the future and to become one of the g 20 committee.[Maybe l am wrong]But it does look suspicious when they are showing no signs of plugging this loophole that gives the evil minds the chance to exploit the decent minds,which they should be protecting.
To hear of the Turkish getting their tapu’s the next day,and the foreigner’s having a hard job in getting what has been promised to them by the legal authorities has the marking of a deliberate segregation and discrimination attitude.
The estate agent tells you they are friendly and honest and will help you through the complicated system here in Turkey to buy your dream home without any complications”Well”,that’s the start of the grooming process.lt is so easy to buy a property here without their corrupt advice if you know what to do.The next is the builder in liaison with this corrupt estate agent.The builder will be your pal while your viewing and showing an interest to his property.He will tell you the house will come with 10 year warranty and certain things attached to the house will be guaranteed.These are all lies,because this does not mean nothing in Turkey it is just words on a bit of paper to manipulate the clients mind to give him the false impression of being protected if something does go wrong.Then there’s the solicitor.Estate agent will always reassure you to use their solicitor,because he is so trustworthy and will do the job properly at a very reseanable price.Lies,again,he will take the money and will not do the searches and other legal jargon the solicitor wants to miss out.
The estate agent also tells you to buy now because the price will go up soon,and the house you buy will make a 15 per cent increase every year on your property.But they do not tell you of the shoddy slap dash work the builders done to the house you have bought and also the many restriction and other hidden costs that are attached.
So,lf you have bought this property,let say 10 years ago for 20,000pds.”Then”,according to this so called fantastic investment we thought we bought is worth now at a whopping 150,000pds.”What a load of B*LLOCKS”.The foreigner’s are now selling their properties at a loss,which is negative equity.And the only buyers around at the moment are the Turkish that are only willing to pay for what has been clearly stamped on the tapu in the first place.The estate agent at the time said it has something to do with avoiding the huge taxes that you would had to pay,when in fact that was the real price of the property in the first place.
Like l said it has the marking of it being well planned.Now the Turkish system is a lot more wealthier with foreigner’s money,because of the planned concocted schemes put forward from the business team to deceive.And the Turkish people will get their properties back with the right price stamped clearly on the tapu.and the foreigner goes back with nothing.
l have been told by quite a few Turkish that we don't want the foreigner's here,but they are quite happy to take our money[ls this really true,or is it just a few that hold a grudge against having foreigner's here]
Good plan,but terrible advertisement now for the property industry,because now the wagging tongue has now taken effect to avoid buying in Turkey.

Last edited:

PASH

Here Here Bob! Could not have put it better myself. Its a big shame because its a lovely country but most people involved in the property business really have got a lot to answer for. The phrase, "bites the hand that feeds you" comes to mind

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
This is an article from Feb 2009 on Brits selling up for different reasons.

Very interesting last line in this that I was surprised about.

C

PASH

ceemac;285427 Very interesting last line in this that I was surprised about. C[/QUOTE said:
Very interesting article, 73% opposed to foreigners buying until they find they happened to own land thats worth a fortune, then their tune changes. I think if you took the same survey in the Uk, you would find a similar number opposed but ultimately, if you are trying to sell your house, do you really care who buys it? - I think not

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
But it also says that 27% aren't opposed to foreigners buying property in Turkey. :wink:

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
But it also says that 27% aren't opposed to foreigners buying property in Turkey. :wink:

It's good to see a half full glass occasionally Alan - there does however appear to be a sea change in foreign buyer's attitudes towards Turkey now.

C

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
It's good to see a half full glass occasionally Alan - there does however appear to be a sea change in foreign buyer's attitudes towards Turkey now.

C

Yes, in the current climate, if people have been wavering, they could easily set off panic selling to make sure they are not left holding a bad investment.

None of this effect people who are settled, but the others may want to be out sooner rather than wait to see what happens.

Ian

Guz1

Maybe I have been visiting Turkey too often, but I have an uneasy feeling that these Emlak Associations are more interested in the decline in sales of offplan and new builds than the disillusionment of current owners. I suspect that they are using this as an excuse to do away with military permission.....no harm in itself but rather hypocritcal on the part of the agents.

Do the statistics ever separate those who were totally committed to residential life in Kusadasi (or elsewhere) against those who simply bought for other purposes; family holidays etc.,

The specific reasons for selling should also inform and identify (to local councils) and future buyers any problem areas that must be addressed. The overall analysis may reflect that decisions to sell were simply recession based; cost of living, lack of rental bookings. Local, legal or personal disagreement would suggest a more serious problem exists which could endorse the location as a `no go area` for future investment.

From what I read here on the Forum, there are signs that some councils are attempting to clean things up a bit and providing some kind of representation facility to express any personal concerns; the Mayor of Akbuk holds a public clinic each Thursday, which is a step forward.

I`m just disappointed that, at the moment, there appears to be more discontents than contents amongst everyone.

Valian

Let sleeping dogs lie
That's what I thought Crashtester. I think it unlikely that Bernie Glasgow will be able to sell a property that he doesn't legally own - unless he meets an extremely naive person, writes out a contract, takes the money and says 'you'll need to wait for your Tapu' and they accept this. :35:

Hopefully everyone thinking of handing over their hard earned cash for a Turkish property will have been reading this forum and others and will have more sense than to do this.

boxerpaul

bootneck
bob you couldnt give me the name of the attorney and the builder as well as theres loads of work to put right,plus the attorney im using is asking to much money, it really would help thanks mate,regards paul

Blimey, and here am I thinking about purchasing a holiday home here, so glad I have found this forum at this stage so i can gain valuable insight.

It would be good to release the names of the good estates agent and good solicitor on here that you say you know so people like me can have a decent start with some recommendations.

Thanks

bobthenob

Non Active Member
bob you couldnt give me the name of the attorney and the builder as well as theres loads of work to put right,plus the attorney im using is asking to much money, it really would help thanks mate,regards paul

l'll pm you later and give you the name of this genuine solicitor

Last edited:

PASH

From personal experience Jonnyrock, i would look at resale properties with the Tapu in place. Most problems occur with new builds and off plan

Guz1

Any recommendation given will just be a personal opinion. You need to be aware that some agents reward people for mentioning their names on forums such as this. Some post/get their staff or friends to post questions such as yours to make it look like the responses are genuinely trying to help. Even if an agent, developer or solicitor has been explempary in the past, that is no guarantee for the future.

This forum is owned and administered by Crescent Homes. It is the only forum I know of that allows people recommend other agencies. The very fact that they aren't paranoid about the competition is a recommendation in itself.

Do your research. Read through the threads on the forum and you will get a good idea of what to do and, more important, what not to do. You would take your time before spending a couple of hundred pounds at home. Take extra time before spending thousands abroad.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom