ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Foreign Wives Abduct Children?
Turkish men stand against child abduction by foreign wives.

An Adana man is calling on authorities to assist him in gaining custody of his child, whom he alleges was kidnapped by his British wife and taken to the UK.

Here

C

alison09400

This story was on the front page of one of the turkish papers last week. It said that Mr Kadikoylu had applied for a british visa twice but was turned down.

There could be many reasons why his wife felt she would be better taking her child and returning to the UK.......there are always two sides to the story. Would be interesting to hear what she had to say.

yalicat

I understand that the county of birth is deemed to be the main country of residence so she could be in trouble if the baby was born in Turkey.

This is strange as I know of several cases first hand where the UK has granted visas to foreign mothers and paid legal costs for them in the UK to contest divorces from adsconded husbands. He should get to the British Embassy with a decent lawyer and a copy of the Universal Declaration on Human Rights to wave. Let them sort it out face to face and not in the newspapers.

L

les&Tasha

Sorry but this is not true -

"I understand that the county of birth is deemed to be the main country of residence so she could be in trouble if the baby was born in Turkey."

If either parent is a British citizen then the child is entitled to a British passport. It does not matter where the child was born. If the child is British and living in Britain then the custody of the child will be decided by the British courts. Simple as that.

If the child is a teenager then their choice of which parent to live with will be of primary importance. Custody of a young child will nearly always be given to the mother unless she can be proved to be an unfit parent.

This Turkish guy will certainly get a visa to attend a custody hearing. The British courts do not favor people who abduct children in this situation. He will also almost certainly be given access to his child.

Last edited:

civciv

I read about this on another website. It is alleged that he hit his wife, which apparently he didnt deny, so this could be why she left him and didnt go back. Lets face it once a man starts hitting a woman (or vice versa) it rarely stops.
Just today one of my work colleagues was telling me that his girlfriend slapped and kicked him on New Years Eve.. my advice, get her some help or get rid...

SHE DOESNT LET ME SEE MY BABY | Marmaris Turkey | Marmaris Forum | Marmaris News

Last edited:

Squeaky

Good morning:

It is fairly obvious why she returned to the UK rather than live in Turkey - generous welfare payments for sitting on her butt. Much better life style etc.

This type of situation is always difficult but he should have thought about that before hand - like putting something over the end" as Jeremy Kyle often says.

Cheers

Squeaky

It is fairly obvious why she returned to the UK rather than live in Turkey - generous welfare payments for sitting on her butt. Much better life style etc.

Squeaky, without knowing all the details of this sad state of affairs, your statement is rather sweeping. How do you know she is sitting on her butt.
Do you know her personally?

There are always 2 sides to every story and so far only the mans story has been plastered all over the Turkish press.

Soo x

alison09400

Good morning:

It's already been said that he has admitted to hitting her....so do you think she just should have stayed "for the babys sake"? Maybe she thought her baby needed taken out of an abusive situation. If I'd been in her shoes then I don't think I'd have gone back to him either.

Last edited:

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
I have heard that when a Turkish couple split up its the husband who gets custody of the children in most cases ,,, I don't know if thats true or not .. But my hubby has custody of his daughter from a former marriage , the childs mother left her when she was only 2yrs old and went off with another man , and her granma has helped rear the child . So maybe she thought her husband would get custody and she'd never get her child out of Turkey I'm all for a child seeing both it parents but if the father beats the mother then i don't have much sympathy for him and some Turkish wives believe a beating is a good thing !!! with this in mind the courts wouldn't pay much heed to the fact this man beat his wife and i don't think they'd allow the child out of Turkey , ...Diane

Guz1

Having read some of the comments (civciv's link) from the father and others purporting to be the mother's friends, the child has all my sympathy. It reminds me of the stuff you see on those awful daytime tv shows. Pathetic.

Gail

Maybe because I have 2 daughters that when I read stories like this I think to myself, 'what if were them, what if they were getting bashed about by their husbands', I would want them and the child well out of harms way, I would abduct them myself.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom