EVELYNNE

evelynne
footballer charged with GBH with intent
Bristol Rovers player David Pipe faces assault charge | Bristol News

Not sure if the above link works , but yet again another professional footballer has been charged after a serious assault in Bristol last September.

The football Association should seriously start to think about the kind of person they are employing throughout the football league.

This man is still playing football , to me it makes it look like they are condoning this kind of behaviour be it off the pitch.
Evex

inocent until proven guilty, in england is still the case i believe.
this happened on sept 16, so it has taken 3 months to charge him, but you all appear to have seen the incident take place, to be so sure.
i live in bristol and apparently pipe is saying someone spiked his drink and he challenged them, it ended up with him agaist 6 others, claiming self defence.

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Surprised Gerrard didn,t get compensation as he is the England Captain after all.

EVELYNNE

evelynne
Neil, i know I wasn't there when it happened but the director of public prosecutions don;t ask the police to charge someone unless the evidence is quite clear cut. He has been charged with section 18 GBH with intent, that is a serious charge and if they didn;t think they had the evidence to support that charge he would have been charged with the lesser section 20 charge.

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Gerrards assault was captured on CCTV but hey, he is the England Captain.....

spoons

evelynne,you are wrong they do not recomend charges to be made because its clear cut,its because they believe there is a case to answer ,there is one hell of a difference,

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Two criteria are applied on deciding whether to prosecute;

1.The Evidential Test

The prosecutor must first decide whether or not there is enough evidence against the defendant for them to be convicted of the crime in a court of law.
This means that the magistrates or jury are more likely than not to convict the defendant of the charge. If there is not a realistic prospect of conviction, the case must not go ahead, no matter how important or serious it may be.
It is the duty of every Crown Prosecutor to make sure that the right person is prosecuted for the right offence. In doing so, Crown Prosecutors must always act in the interests of justice and not just to get a conviction.

2. The Public Interest Test

If the prosecutor decides that there is a realistic prospect of conviction, he or she must then consider whether it is in the public interest to prosecute the defendant. Broadly speaking the more serious an alleged offence the more likely it will be that a prosecution is needed in the public interest. However each case is looked at individually.
A prosecution is less likely to be needed if, for example, a court would be likely to fix a minimal or token penalty, or the loss or harm connected with the offence was minor and the result of a single incident.
The interests of the victim are an important factor when considering the public interest. Crown Prosecutors will always take into account the consequences for the victim and any views expressed by the victim or victim's family.
However, The Crown Prosecution Service does not act for victims or the families of victims in the same way as solicitors act for their clients. We act on behalf of the public and not just in the interests of any particular individual.

C

yalicat

Not sure if the above link works , but yet again another professional footballer has been charged after a serious assault in Bristol last September.

The football Association should seriously start to think about the kind of person they are employing throughout the football league.

This man is still playing football , to me it makes it look like they are condoning this kind of behaviour be it off the pitch.
Evex
Hopefully neither Evelynne nor Remus will be on the jury as they have already convicted him before hearing any evidence.
Innocent until proven guilty.

EVELYNNE

evelynne
Well i won;t be on the jury thats for sure, but i do wonder if it is tried in Bristol will the victim get a fair trial. David Pipe is a very popular football player who even though he is on loan to Cheltenham at the moment is still on Bristol Rovers books and its seems will remain so until the court case is concluded.

altinkum kev

Non Active Member

Evex

Lets hang him now and find out if hes guilty tomorrow shall we?

EVELYNNE

evelynne
Lets hang him now and find out if hes guilty tomorrow shall we?

Oh no thats far too easy, I want the world to see what happened and see justice served and if he is the man that inflicted the fractured skull on my son , yes i will be the happiest mother alive to see him go down and his life ruined.

But as you say, only if he did it .

I have no more to say on this .

remus

Eve, i hope justice is done and that your son recover's fully as his health
is the most important thing in all this.

Last edited:

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Evelynne have I read your post correctly in that it was your son assaulted here?

C

EVELYNNE

evelynne
yes it was my son. this has dragged on a bit , but it will get to court eventually so all can hear the story.

EVELYNNE

evelynne
he isn;t doing very well , lots of problems related to the injury , but he will be home for xmas so we will see then how he is . im lucky that he has good friends and my elder son who has done 3 600 round trips to bring him home when he's needed our help. its hard all the waiting , but im in the hands of the police who i hope have done a good job.

My son was lucky that it happened in Bristol as they have a large neurological hospital there where he was transferred to and operated on. @I cannot thank them enough . so thankful for the NHS.

Eve x

sorry to hear that it was your son who got hurt. i wish him all the best.
does he live in bristol or was he working here?
perhaps you should have shown your cards from the start.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom