SLEEPY

FOOTBALL SHIRTS
As I am spending some time among the great unwashed here in Oludeniz I have a question for the more knowledgeable and worldly wise.
Why do alot of middle aged men feel the need to wear the football shirts of there beloved teams on their holidays.
This place is awash with shirts of every football team in the land with matching beer guts..and that's just the women !
Surely this is more than fanatical loyalty or is it just a basic lack of sartorial elegance?

Saoirse

FOOTBALL SHIRTS
Personally I find the need from some to put on their teams footballshirt to watch their team in tv

If ya sit down to watch Corrie you dont feel the need to dress up as Gail Platt!!!

As regards football fans on holiday wearing their teams shirt so everyone knows their preference- at £60 a go could I suggest to Man Utd fans instead of buying Old Traffords latest replica top-for €5 you could buy an inflatable penis, strap this to your head and everyone will immediately recognize you're a Man U fan plus you've saved a few quid

Last edited:

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Top Poster Of Month
FOOTBALL SHIRTS
Sleepy I have a collection of shirts from over the years and I have never felt the need to wear one to even go to the game, when I reach middle age that may change, however I must ask are you doing a round robin of similar places ie Altinkum, Gumbet, Didim and Marmaris, or are you heading back to promenade and strut amongst the great and good of Yalikavak ?

Mushroom

FOOTBALL SHIRTS
Sleepy I have a collection of shirts from over the years and I have never felt the need to wear one to even go to the game, when I reach middle age that may change, however I must ask are you doing a round robin of similar places ie Altinkum, Gumbet, Didim and Marmaris, or are you heading back to promenade and strut amongst the great and good of Yalikavak ?
Trust me Sleepy, there is no chance I will be strutting my stuff in a Leeds United shirt in my holiday destinations.
Yalimart has identified the locations where shirt wearers might be found.
You wouldn't find me in any of them, footy shirt or best suit.

Mushroom

FOOTBALL SHIRTS
IMG-20220512-WA0000.jpg Meanwhile, the laddettes have just taken delivery of their Liverpool shirts for next season. Usual cost - about £100 in the club shop. Their cost £35. There is a bit of gravel on them as a result of them falling off the back of a wagon but it will swill out !!

SLEEPY

FOOTBALL SHIRTS
Funny enough i think i might drop by Marmaris on my way over to Yalikavak.Its another place I have not visited in years ...but my expectations are not high.
Maybe I am a little harsh as there are usually rows this time year about sweaty tourists wearing next to nothing in supermarkets.
Of course there is one man here in Fethiye who would never wear his team colours ..but he is partial to crochet his own shorts ..
Screenshot_20220512-212700_Gallery.jpg

Mushroom

FOOTBALL SHIRTS
Funny enough i think i might drop by Marmaris on my way over to Yalikavak.Its another place I have not visited in years ...but my expectations are not high.
Maybe I am a little harsh as there are usually rows this time year about sweaty tourists wearing next to nothing in supermarkets.
Of course there is one man here in Fethiye who would never wear his team colours ..but he is partial to crochet his own shorts ..
View attachment 28020
Fashion Icon or what?

429nufc

FOOTBALL SHIRTS
Luckily I have my Alan Shearer training shirt , guaranteed genuine taken off his back at the training ground!
Unfortunately the new owners are proving as out of touch as the old one s , tradition is all at football clubs , one day they may try putting the Saudi Eagle rather than the Magpie !

Mushroom

FOOTBALL SHIRTS
Luckily I have my Alan Shearer training shirt , guaranteed genuine taken off his back at the training ground!
Unfortunately the new owners are proving as out of touch as the old one s , tradition is all at football clubs , one day they may try putting the Saudi Eagle rather than the Magpie !
Wait until they ban women from attending games and carrying out executions in the middle of the pitch at half time?

429nufc

FOOTBALL SHIRTS
The journos from the Journal & the Chronicle will be thinking twice about an invite to the directors box

Latest Posts

Top Bottom