Football loyalties
Tonight I will wander into Tasucu to watch the Big Cup Final in the nearest thing to a pub there is.

As a Chelsea fan I will be supporting Barcelona. For one thing it feels a little better if we have been knocked out by the winners and for another I can't stand United.

I was working in Dublin when United scored twice in the last few minutes to beat Bayern Munich. It was an odd experience. The English lads in the bar all supported other teams and were ABUs (anyone but united) to a man. The Irish lads were all United supporters of course, having never been to Manchester.

So I was in the weird position of hearing the English cheer the Germans and The Irish cheer the English.

Martyn

Football loyalties
Nice story Joe. Being a Chelsea supporter as well I'm not sure who I want to win. I should really support the British side but it doesn't feel right to support united. It's probably just jealousy on my part. I think united will win, if Chelsea can do a job on the attacking might of Barca then I think the united defence will.

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Football loyalties
'The Irish lads were all United supporters of course, having never been to Manchester.'

That's a strange statement to make Joe - seems to mean if they had ever been to Manchester, then they wouldn't be Utd supporters?

C

Football loyalties
'The Irish lads were all United supporters of course, having never been to Manchester.'

That's a strange statement to make Joe - seems to mean if they had ever been to Manchester, then they wouldn't be Utd supporters?

C

No, its just means that most of the United supporters I have met have not been to Manchester. And I went to University in Salford and so lived in Manchester for years. Mostly met City fans. Though its not true there are no Manc United supporters. They are just outnumbered by away day reds.

peter the postie

Wer'e not really here
Football loyalties
I went to University in Salford and so lived in Manchester for years. Mostly met City fans. Though its not true there are no Manc United supporters. They are just outnumbered by away day reds.

We've been saying it for years Joe. No need to say who I'll be willing to win tonight :)

CTID

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Football loyalties
We've been saying it for years Joe. No need to say who I'll be willing to win tonight :)

CTID

Here's a T-Shirt for you Pete heheh

C

alison09400

Football loyalties
I don't really want to support either...as Barcelona put us (chelsea) out and certainly not Man Utd as I detest them. :heh:..but it will probably be Barcelona.
Anyway, Ranger's made my weekend so I'm a happy woman this week.

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
Football loyalties
I Will support my country !!!!! Come on Manchester .......your airport takes me to Turkey, ...DH

jakkigers

Eccleston/Konacik
Football loyalties
I don't really want to support either...as Barcelona put us (chelsea) out and certainly not Man Utd as I detest them. :heh:..but it will probably be Barcelona.
Anyway, Ranger's made my weekend so I'm a happy woman this week.

Rangers definitely made my weekend and as we've just moved house, we had to apologise to our new neighbours for all the screams and shouts they must have heard coming from our house. It's been a long and hard season watching Rangers - sometimes I've been in despair, but Sunday made it all worthwhile ... and now we've got Champions League football to come next season :27br:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom