Saoirse

Football going forward
Whilst football- fans are renowned for being fickle and now sadly as we have seen in recent days very easily manipulated at least they have their victory now

They have got rid of the money obsessed greedy Super League and can go back to the comfort of the guardians of the "peoples game" ( £75 for a £10 football shirt, up to £2000 for a season ticket etc) -the PL Euefa etc

With not a thought of self interest in keeping the current gravy train from being derailed by a sleeker one-officials half time pundits etc in the same £1m plus wage bracket as the average fan- have scored a victory for everyone

I think I should put some magic beans on Ebay- in various club colors of course

mollag

Kipper restorer
Football going forward
Two things popped into my head Philip, "A fool and his money" the other "Bread and circuses"

croftj

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
Football going forward
Game Over for the so called European Super League......looking forward to see what punishments are dished out

Saoirse

Football going forward
Indeed

I am also looking forward to the massive price reductions for tickets coverage merchandise etc- with the price drop paid for by wage / profit reductions- by the new socially aware " Peoples " Premier League

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Football going forward
I can't imagine someone paying 70 quid for a replica shirt. Then they change it every year so that you have to buy a new one. They must see the fans as right mugs. Yeah, bleat on about 'supporting your club' but if they did not hand out unsustainable wages to players then none of it would be necessary.

Saoirse

Football going forward
Your post most definitely scored!

Exactly on the .money -nothing will change

The exact same fans who " saw off" the greedy Super League will continue to instead be ripped of by the greedy Premier League

That's football fans for you the world over

Ps Proud my team Celtic didnt get involved
Pps Its absolutely nothing to do with us being totally crap

Saoirse

Football going forward
Yes

It has been scuppered because it was pure greed and run by multimillionaires- other greedy multimillionaires who run the existing set up told us yesterday

Greed is dead
Long live greed

Last edited:

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
Football going forward
It is a common tactic when leaders are having domestic problems, find an external enemy. how often have we seen it close to home?

It’s been headline news for the last 48 hours, what would you have been saying if Johnson hadn’t commented on it?
Did Starmer only get involved because of how low his ratings are?
Did Corbyn comment because he’s been hung out to dry?
Did Macron comment because of his handling of the virus?
Did Mario Draghi comment because of Italy’s struggles over EU funding?

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Football going forward
It’s been headline news for the last 48 hours, what would you have been saying if Johnson hadn’t commented on it?
Did Starmer only get involved because of how low his ratings are?
Did Corbyn comment because he’s been hung out to dry?
Did Macron comment because of his handling of the virus?
Did Mario Draghi comment because of Italy’s struggles over EU funding?
You seem to be obsessed with politicians. Most of my comments have had sod all to do with politics, rather than the issue that was the 'Super league' I would prefer to hear from those who are in the game than anyone else. It seems that the issue if over now, but I hope that the fans do not forget. I hope it leads to some changes in ownership because their first loyalty is obviously not the club, or the fans.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Football going forward

Latest Posts

Top Bottom