Status
Not open for further replies.

KandJ

Flushing toilet paper
Hi,

We've bought a place on Turquoise, Lake Tuzla, which was built by Artev.

We have recently been told by our management company that none of us should flush loo paper down the toilets as they will become blocked. Now, obviously, we would expect that with older buildings in established towns, but is that true of new builds?

Does anyone know of similar things on new complexes? We've asked people on forums for Lakeside and Flamingo (both built through Artev at Tuzla) but no one has replied - perhaps they flushed paper down their loos and have drowned in the backwash? Who knows, but if anyone knows anything we'd love to hear from you.

Regards,

kandj

sasha

Flushing toilet paper
Hi
Yes it is true that you cannot flush toilet paper on these sites. we are on Lakeside and althogh the agent selling the property advised that you could flush paper it is definately the case that you cannot. I beleive there has already been problems on both Lakeside and Turquoise with blocked drains

Peregrine

Flushing toilet paper
they use much smaller pipes in places like Turkey so they are prone to blockages

no getting away from it unfortunately

Flushing toilet paper
We have an older property in Turkey.
Two years ago my son came over to see us, bringing with him some U.K toilet roll (don't ask!) and it blocked our pipes up!
We have been using Turkish Toilet paper for the last four years with no problems.
So, my guess is Turkish roll disolves easier.

Mel.

Last edited:
Flushing toilet paper
Our build has the same size pipes as UK but the rule of the complex is flush, wipe, flush sorry if this is too much information on a Bank Holiday Monday. And I bring English toilet paper over as well such a loo snob

Harem

I've cliqued
Flushing toilet paper
We lived in a new build apartment block and the rule was no loo paper to be flushed down the toilet. You will find that this applies to most places in the Fethiye area - don't know about the rest of Turkey.

Zuber, we clean ourselves the same way you do!!!!!

zuberdust

IM THE BESTEST :)
Flushing toilet paper
You use the bidet to wash or you just wipe and put the paper in a small bin beside the toilet.

It ain't rocket science mate ! :lol:

how vulgur! a bin with shi**y paper in it? god!

We lived in a new build apartment block and the rule was no loo paper to be flushed down the toilet. You will find that this applies to most places in the Fethiye area - don't know about the rest of Turkey.

Zuber, we clean ourselves the same way you do!!!!!

oh u use a jug of water? good good! hygiene is awesome!.....

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Flushing toilet paper
I don't know why you don't get yourself over here for a holiday !:lol:

They'll just love you ! :wink:

Flushing toilet paper
I was enjoying an apple but not anymore. Greece is the same re toilet paper in the bin but sorry I can't stomach that. Now a little birdie told me Muslim people use a damp sponge and rinse it out, and this came from the horses mouth lol not sure if this is widespread in Turkey

zuberdust

IM THE BESTEST :)
Flushing toilet paper
bidets r not common in uk but being Islamic we must wash ourselves, so we make do with a jug lol... am sure you know what the rest of the people in the UK do.....
the other day i was in the gym, a guy came out the toilet clearly havin done a no.2 ... then shock horror!!! he did not wash his hands! i was outraged and OTT disgusted!

I was enjoying an apple but not anymore. Greece is the same re toilet paper in the bin but sorry I can't stomach that. Now a little birdie told me Muslim people use a damp sponge and rinse it out, and this came from the horses mouth lol not sure if this is widespread in Turkey

nooooooo a jug of water called a 'lota' lol...

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Flushing toilet paper
Our build has the same size pipes as UK but the rule of the complex is flush, wipe, flush sorry if this is too much information on a Bank Holiday Monday. And I bring English toilet paper over as well such a loo snob

Ours is the same but the thinner Turkish paper seems to flush OK. We have never had a problem apart from sticky fingers....

Flushing toilet paper
Oh poo Zuberdust that is just digusting yuk

Oh well you don't know luxury until you try Andrex supersoft and no problem with my Turkish loo either except for the ball **** thingy not working but got the fixed by a very good plumber when I was out there

Ours is the same but the thinner Turkish paper seems to flush OK. We have never had a problem apart from sticky fingers....

See you learn something new everyday from the TLF site lol. I would like to ask more detail but im not ok thanks lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Flushing toilet paper
how is it disgusting? at least ur clean afterwards.... wait.. toilet paper first, then jug of water.. not just water immediately after the deed!

Sorry didnt mean you the man that didn't wash his hands but at least I found out what I wanted to know

Sara-666

Flushing toilet paper
My 6 year old son advised us on how to use our toilets properly! he'd been taught in the local school, he said the pipe at the side of the toilet with a knob on the end was used to 'flush all dirties off your bum' similar to a bidet, then when you wipe with the toilet paper place it in the bin beside the toilet, therefore no pooey papers in the toilet bin. Since then i've noticed that all Turkish toilets have these pipes next to them and now I know what they're for.

Sara

Flushing toilet paper
My 6 year old son advised us on how to use our toilets properly! he'd been taught in the local school, he said the pipe at the side of the toilet with a knob on the end was used to 'flush all dirties off your bum' similar to a bidet, then when you wipe with the toilet paper place it in the bin beside the toilet, therefore no pooey papers in the toilet bin. Since then i've noticed that all Turkish toilets have these pipes next to them and now I know what they're for.

Sara

Can't say I have ever noticed but I will now

patrish

Flushing toilet paper
Selpac is meant to be the best loo roll to use i was told by a few Turkish friends.Never had any problems in 4 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom