Flowers from our back garden
John V6Cod recently posted some beautiful pictures of birds from his garden.
Just to add to the nature theme here is a link to some pictures taken in our back garden today of flowers using the Macro lens.
I am hopeless at uploading pictures here so the link makes it easier for my simple brain to cope with it!!

Flora at Home - a set on Flickr.

It had been raining which brings out the beauty of nature in the warm sun afterwards!

CJD

Nice photos Terry, its the time of year that makes you want
to grab the camera

Heres one I took a couple of weeks ago of my clematis,
only taken on my Olympus though, still dropping hints to the family
for a SLR:bored:

[/IMG]

Harem

I've cliqued
Lovely pictures Tel. Only one question - why were the flowers using the macro lens?

Beautiful Sharon
I know you are a keen photographer from Facebook!
The 3rd one down stands out for me.
Great stuff!!
Here is the link to a few from earlier on in the year.

Spring Flora Pt2 - a set on Flickr

Sorry all on Flickr but I use it like others use Photobucket and always make a mess trying to desize for here Lol

Guz1

We had a glorious bank holiday weekend here in Ireland. I was in Glendalough on Friday/Saturday and took this pic. No flowers....just a photo of a nice spot.

Well that didn't work.......Sorry.

Last edited:

JEANNIE

Going to get Thinner
My garden is coming into bloom now, here is a photo of mine. I don't know how to get more than one on tho.

Jeannie

If it's worked, it'll be a miracle

Last edited:

EVELYNNE

evelynne
hopefully these are 2 i took with my camera phone - not good at photgraphy just snap and see !

Attachments

• 077.jpg
    077.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 081.jpg
    081.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 5

ted j

:438qr:Not Sure How To Post Photos In Message but If You Click On Pictures On My Avatar, These Are Some taken In our Back Garden Late April When I Was Trying A New Photo Editor Ted

EVELYNNE

evelynne
Brilliant Ian, isn't nature lovely, new suprises popping up every day , the changing seasons, can;t wait for Autumn to see everyone 's piccies of the trees, well actually I can wait , lets keep the flowers coming for now. It cheers my day.
lol x

JEANNIE

Going to get Thinner
Great pictures Ian, wish i could do that , but then i would have to buy a decent camera then lol,

Jeannie :dooh:

jcrian

Great pictures Ian, wish i could do that , but then i would have to buy a decent camera then lol,

They don't ALL come out Jeannie! I'm always amazed at the detail that you don't see when just looking at flowers but shows up in a photograph. Here are a few more................

Dont worry Jeannie
As ian says there are a lot of frogs before the prince!!!
I can take 40 and keep 4.
The joy of digital Lol.
Many of us do spend lots of money on DSLR,s because we like changing lenses and the flexibility to alter what the camera WANTS to take as the norm but there are reasonably priced compacts around now that have brilliant facilities on them and take lovely pics.
If you like the idea, have a go!!
Macro stuff is a joy as you see things in a flower you never saw before!!
Like number two Ian.
Nice posting mate

Last edited:
hopefully these are 2 i took with my camera phone - not good at photgraphy just snap and see !
A lot of us amateurs are snap and see too.
The joy of digital is you dont necessarily have to plan to be good.
You shoot in what is called "raw" and get the pure image on the camera.
Put the picture in your computer on your software and change the look completely to what you want and are happy with.
The DSLR,s either come with their own editing software or use Photoshop or similar.
These days the picture process doesnt finish in the camera as in the old film days. It STARTS in the camera and proceeds to the computer.
When you have spent hours haha fiddling about with the hue,contrast,brightness,sharpness,saturation etc etc you click save and THATS your final picture.

Photography is more computer driven now and its a new world.
In the good old days I remember taking out the roll of film,sticking it in a lightproof plastic holder filled with developer solution to produce the negative.
Putting the negative in the enlarger to shine the image onto print paper.
Putting the exposed print paper into developer and fixer solution in trays to produce the image!!!!
That could be crap and you have wasted hours to see it!!!
Digital lets you decide what you keep and what you delete so no waste!!

Remember those summer holidays when you got your snaps back from the chemist and went "Oh God" at the chopped off legs ,heads and wasted ones?.
Think of photography now as creating something almost artistically and not just snapshots.
You can wait days for a butterfly to land like Ian,s did!!! in that great picture.
Cramp and sore knees are all part of it haha.

We are all so busy we miss the true beauty and perfection of nature all around us.
Leave the car and WALK and what you notice is amazing.
Have fun!!

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom