Grumpy

Flooding
We have been seeing a bit of news about significant flooding in Manavagat and Side. What is actualaly happening out there?

louise17

Flooding
There were lots of floods yesterday, I'm in Manavgat, we could not get out from our apartment yesterday, flooded cars, flooded our garage. Water has subsided overnight, it depends where you are in Side & Manavgat.

angelaturkey

Days On The Beach in Side
Flooding
No problem at all to our apartments in Side - but the beach in places is badly damaged - especially by Shanty Beach and Garden Beach Bar - it has all subsided and all the sun beds have been taken up -

Sally-Ann

Tired but happy!
Flooding
The Cennet and Kemer districts have been very badly affected with hundreds of homes under feet of water. The whole area was flooded yesterday with cars floating down the street like dinghy's!
Thankfully I live on a hill out of town but even my driveway has been washed away...I'm left with a not quite dried up river bed!
So, my heart goes out to anyone living on the ground floor and I wish you all well with getting everything back together :(

Sally-Ann

Tired but happy!
Flooding
Here's a pic from yesterday on the Kemer side of Side.

Attachments

• side flood.jpg
    side flood.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 154

hijo

in my own clique
Flooding
We also had flooding in Kusadasi..

Attachments

• 10553450_10204724909189799_2182825923483623912_n.jpg
    10553450_10204724909189799_2182825923483623912_n.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:

beyazbayan

Flooding
We are very lucky in Alanya as the Belediye put in a good flood prevention scheme some years ago and solved most of the problems. quite a few tress down and one killed by an satellite dish falling from a roof.

TNT123

To Young to be This Old
Flooding
I don't know if anyone else is affected by the Power Cuts I have had today,up to present its 8 from 07:30 this morning.Maybe power lines down or they are working on it but come on this 2014, 8 freackin power cuts.I know yesterday the thunder storm we had in Alanya was bad but nothing they don't get in the UK.Come Alanya Bel the footballs on in and hr and im gonna be really peeved if I miss it.
Trev.

Freedom 49

No fun if it's too easy!
Flooding
Can anyone, Anne, Sally, Angela tell me if my place has been flooded? You know where I live.

Mornin' Phil, Cengiz just called the guy that bought from us on the 1st floor of your block.
No water has got into the building so your place is OK. Rain now draining away from the gardens so it seems you're one of the lucky ones. All the best, Ann.

Freedom 49

No fun if it's too easy!
Flooding
Another day in Side.
The sky's blue, no wind, no rain, the sun is out and the ocean looks so good that the tourists are back in the water!

We're drying out, until the next time.
Must say, I've been called many things over the years but never a 'horse' before! 1st time for everything I guess? :confused:

evo80

Flooding
Another day in Side.
The sky's blue, no wind, no rain, the sun is out and the ocean looks so good that the tourists are back in the water!

We're drying out, until the next time.
Must say, I've been called many things over the years but never a 'horse' before! 1st time for everything I guess? :confused:

For late Oct in southern UK at 8.45am its the same here ,blue sky/very sunny . yesterday was same at around 18c . Great weather for late Oct. No Ocean view though ,only green fields LOL.

garcia

Flooding
Re: Flooding & Power Surges

Really sorry to see all the people and businesses affected by the floods. We live in Sarilar and fortunately we were not affected by the rain but we were affected by power surges! In effect, our oven, tv, air conditioning unit and our remote controlled ceiling fan actually blew up! We did have some surge protection plugs which saved our fridge/freezer, freezer, washing machine and tumble dryer so I would strongly advise that you should invest in these as it will save you a lot of money and inconvenience. Two transformers exploded in our kitchen spotlights and new ones had to be purchased. Had we have not been at home when our oven exploded, it could have caused a serious fire but we turned off the electricity immediately as there was smoke billowing from behind it. The fan blew up and then the cover on the bulb inside the oven actually got blown off. It was just a complete nightmare and we were scared to even switch anything on. However, there were people out there who were far worse off than us so we can be grateful for small mercies!!!!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom