flood
morning all
i need some advice, i havent lived in my property long just 3 weeks
the owner (english) that i bought it off did not tell me that she had had a flood problem,so this week when they emptied the swimming pool it flooded my downstairs ,i am so upset but my main priority is to get dried out,walls mainly, the wardrobes are warped drawers won't shut, i don't want to have mouldy smelly house, i have managed to borrow a dehumidifier but i need more,what else can i do to help get it dry ?
thanks for all advice in advance
a sad new owner

carolk

R.I.P
flood
I don't have any practical advice but am so sorry to hear what has happened to you and, hope you get it sorted quickly.

I had some problems last year and I know its not very nice living in a wet house.

carolk

R.I.P
flood
Oh dear Flo, it has taken a lot of work going on all summer, its been a bloody nightmare. I had black mould everywhere!! Mine came from a non- insulated roof so I don't know if what I had to have done would help you. It is dried out now and, no rain coming in during this storm but, when I open my kitchen cupboards I can still smell that awful damp smell sometimes and I cant get rid of it, I have scrubbed them with everything!!

How did it get from the pool in to the house?

flood
from what i hear it happened earlier this year but they put it down to rain, noone was living in here at time so when it was noticed it had obviously dried out but if they was here they would of realised it was from pool,they emptied it into cess pit or whatever it is but so much water at one time it just came up through my bathroom drain and it was ankle deep all through but i was in kas at the time i didnt get home till about 6 pm
appartently the previous owner re plastered and re painted so no damage showed
i really angry with them, estate agent and the maintenance people i will start writing an email later , i dont want it to smell i really liked my apartment :-(

carolk

R.I.P
flood
Good luck Flo. Yes, you do something about it!!! Too much of this going on. Everything looks OK in the summer after a bit of plaster and paint and the problems only come to light in the winter!

Try the company KKOB has suggested and get it dried out as quickly as possible.

flood
flo, i also don't have any advice for you, but would like to say how sorry i am that this should have happened,, its going to be very difficult for you to dry it out at this time of year,,, i think you need expert advice to sort this,,,but where do you get expert advise in turkey??? I hope someone on this forum who has more knowledge that me can advise you.

suzyq

flood
When about some big industrial hot air blowers, don't know if you can get them in Turkey

Summertime

Golden Girls
flood
Hei Fetiyeflo. Jeg ønsker deg lykke til, håper du kan sortere det ut, jeg har det samme problemet, men svært vanskelig og kostbart å gjøre noe med det, når det tunge regnet starter, vil du ha det samme problemet igjen

Bibby

Ferretbrain
flood
You need to ensure they stop emptying the pool into the cess pit. Otherwise you will be in this state at least once a year. How terrible. I hope something gets sorted.

flood
thank you everyone, i wish we could get hold of some industrial hot air blowers but here i dont think we can
i am just getting my photo's ready and an email to estate agents and previous owner
i feel very cheated,i have lived here for 3 years always rented ,this is my first home and before i moved in i got it decorated through out ,now walls will have to be replastered, fitted wardrobe removed because behimd that wall the mould will grow and grow ,the drawers dont close on it now where the wood has warped, bedroom doors dont close properly ggrrr

Latest Posts

Top Bottom