Saoirse

Top Poster Of Month
flights cancelled again.
I listened this morning to travel industry experts saying realistically its going to be Spring at earliest before air travel starts up again

Jaycey

African Refugee
flights cancelled again.
I listened this morning to travel industry experts saying realistically its going to be Spring at earliest before air travel starts up again

It seems unlikely that there will be any airlines still solvent one year from now . :noidea:

oldfogy

Just passing through
flights cancelled again.

Kanga

flights cancelled again.
FYI

The F & C Office has posted confirmation of Pegasus flights to Stansted next week which I've posted on the F & C thread.

Chasey

flights cancelled again.
I have been thinking about it and frankly id rather drive out this year. If that's possable?

My wife is asking the kids and their partners to come out in September and stay with us. Frankly id rather drive on my own, (id happily do 14 hour slaps and sleep in the car, shes more 5* accommodation and 500 toilet breaks :) ) but i am hoping to convince her to drive with me.

Saoirse

Top Poster Of Month
flights cancelled again.
From what we are hearing here flying wont be an option in most countries for a long time

Jaycey

African Refugee
flights cancelled again.
I have been thinking about it and frankly id rather drive out this year. If that's possable?...

Don't forget that you could face a 2 week quarantine each time you cross a border and you wouldn't have police permission to travel even to the next town.

Walking might be a better option :)

flights cancelled again.
From what we are hearing here flying wont be an option in most countries for a long time

Agreed......nor do I understand why people don’t grasp it. Social distancing & isolation put to one side for two weeks in Benidorm lol it ain’t going to happen.

oldfogy

Just passing through
flights cancelled again.
Depressing.

I'm missing our Turkish house and garden so much.
Ah but just think of all those wonderful hours of weeding waiting for your next visit, sorry how long did you say you were coming for?

oldfogy

Just passing through
flights cancelled again.
I have been thinking about it and frankly id rather drive out this year. If that's possible?

My wife is asking the kids and their partners to come out in September and stay with us. Frankly id rather drive on my own, (id happily do 14 hour slaps and sleep in the car, she's more 5* accommodation and 500 toilet breaks :) ) but i am hoping to convince her to drive with me.
I read a article "somewhere" that said travelling through Europe will require not only a Shengen Visa but also a medical certificate. So should not really be a problem driving, If my flight in September to the UK and visa versa is cancelled and obviously providing borders are open etc then I will maybe doing the same driving journey

flights cancelled again.
I read a article "somewhere" that said travelling through Europe will require not only a Shengen Visa but also a medical certificate. So should not really be a problem driving, If my flight in September to the UK and visa versa is cancelled and obviously providing borders are open etc then I will maybe doing the same driving journey

The fault line surely is, if people are allowed to travel from country to country for a holiday by road, what’s the point in cancelling flights? It’s not aeroplanes or cars that are contagious....it’s the people inside of them.

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
flights cancelled again.
You are baaad - you force me off topic and bring a tear to my eyes but sweet memories.

I used to fly those things back in Safrica but little room for passengers or luggage.

I bet the cabin service is dodgy too

Kanga

flights cancelled again.
Yay, a banti!

We did some island hopping in one of those in the Caribbean some years ago.

Kanga

flights cancelled again.
Ah but just think of all those wonderful hours of weeding waiting for your next visit, sorry how long did you say you were coming for?

Weeding? Moi?

We've just paid the gardener for the summer.

how long? I didn't say but usually 4 months then 2 in the autumn.

just sorry there wont be any apricot jam this year.

:Flower: :Flower: :Flower: :Flower: :Flower: :Flower: :Flower: :Flower::Flower:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom