foodie

Flight prices: LGW to DLM
Well last year we were slightly more organised in getting flights booked early, and as a consequence ended up paying around £500 for the four of us.

Not so this year....

Forgot to do it early, and now looking at flight prices making it pretty much a given that we wont be going out this year.

Our dates are a bit restrictive due to school holidays and my wife working in finance, that means that month end(s) are out of the question.

Been looking at the 8/9th Augurst for 2 weeks, but prices are (in my opinion) silly money, making a package holiday elsewhere (even) more attractive once we take into account car hire etc when we're out.

Any thoughts?- will waiting till the last minute to book flights have any benefit?

Any thoughts would be gratefully received!!

J

Try KTHY.net - Cyprus Turkish Airlines. They fly to and from Gatwick on Fridays, and as they are technically a charter airline, could work out cheaper for you.

Karen

Last edited by a moderator:

lippy

Not when I booked with them.I haven't seen them advertise so far this year,maybe because I haven't been looking but I've had a few good flights with Goldtrail,last minute,although I wouldn't be too optimistic for august.

PDM

Have you tried travelsupermarket or holidayhypermarket..you put in your departure and arrival destination and your travel dates and then they check available dates and prices for you with different airlines.

JEANNIE

Going to get Thinner
Have you tried looking at a package holiday and just using the flights, worth a try!!!

Jeannie

GnD

Hi Jeannie,

We tried that in travel agents and on line. More expensive.

When do Aug 2010 go on sale? need to be more organised.

Big Pete

Big but not a Lardy !!
Have you tried looking at a package holiday and just using the flights, worth a try!!!

Jeannie

Agree on this my last visit , it was cheaper by far just grabbing a cheap holiday flight to get there and back , and you can even go the hotel you paid for if you want a free brekkie etc :3:

Sailor

I book my flights through the skyscanner.net website. It has proven to get me the cheapest flights from Ireland for the last 2 years. !008 euro for 5 of us for 3 weeks in june. You get put in the month you want to go and return and give you prices on all dates in that month.

JEANNIE

Going to get Thinner
Hi Jeannie,

We tried that in travel agents and on line. More expensive.

When do Aug 2010 go on sale? need to be more organised.

I think it's next month but i may be wrong. That's when they went on sale last year.

Jeannie

Reactions: GnD

GnD

I book my flights through the skyscanner.net website. It has proven to get me the cheapest flights from Ireland for the last 2 years. !008 euro for 5 of us for 3 weeks in june. You get put in the month you want to go and return and give you prices on all dates in that month.

Agree skyscanner comes up with the best there is available.

Cheers Jeannie Xx

Hi we alway have this problem work schedules and can only go in school holidays (teenagers GCSE ) We have paid over £1200 for the last 3 years in August (Cardiff/Bristol to Antalya) for 4 of us plus car hire, plus having to pay maintence lump sum when we get there.

Having a holiday home is not cheap.

Fastlady

Have you looked at different departure airports? I struggled to get a flight back to Turkey last July and spent almost a whole week looking at different options. In the end it worked out a lot cheaper for me to fly from LGW to Edinburgh, then from Edinburgh to Dalaman - crazy but true! Just a thought, though I suspect for 4 people, might not be an option.

Top Bottom