gren

Flat Roof Terrace construction advice needed please
Hi.

I am planning to lay a new roof terrace floor over the old tiles using swimming pool grout on the new tiles under an isolazion membrane and concrete with slope towards the roof drains.

Does anyone know the best (water-tight) construction for these roof terraces?

Particularly, I am confused as to if the isolazion membrane should extend up and over the walls of the terrace (and under the marble headers) or if it should go just up the walls a little (say 15cm) to then be covered with half tiles along the bottom of the walls)...or indeed if it should extend up the walls at all?

Any knowledgeable roof-building experts out there?

Spyrogal

Sally from Yali
hi Gren
Not knowledgeable about subject but we had our roof terrace re-tiled over the original tiles. The walls were then covered with some green rough finished tarry stuff and painted over. Sorry not to be more specific - not my area of expertise! Attached pics show what was done.4th pic shows finished job. Tiles do go up the wall a small way. If you can work it out from the pics it may help...

Attachments

• roof front 2.jpg
    roof front 2.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 85
  • roof%201st.jpg
    roof%201st.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 87
  • S3011256.JPG
    S3011256.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 86
  • S3011251.JPG
    S3011251.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 82
  • S3011087.JPG
    S3011087.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

gren

Many thanks Sally.
Thats a good help!

wild dave

HI could you give me an idea of the cost as i have problems with one of my roof terraces

Cheers

Oliviaa

Guys, we have pretty large 'flat' roof at the back of the house, about 1000 sq ft I suppose. It drains well, has a slight slope to it, and on the whole has been trouble free for fifteen years or so..

I last painted it with some silver stuff about ten years ago and it's been great, but we sprung a leak last night so guess it's time to paint it again.

However, I have no idea what to use. Can anyone recommend a product?

Thanks.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
stupid question but was it raining or was the water from another source

martin

mrkeith

It is best to paint the sealant up the wall as high as you can go. It says you are tiling under the membrane I assume you mean over with the origional tiles under. Just make sure you have no air bubbles under the membrane before the tiles go down and bed the tiles well not hollow. Push the grout in properly with a blade not a sponge and start at the drain end that way you can increase the ammount if tile adhesive to maintain the fall.
Sallies roof looks like it was done correctly

Latest Posts

Top Bottom