flamingo

Flamingo Country Club - Phase Two
We are just about to pay the final balance for our apt on phase two, but would welcome any advice.
The military clearance has been held up along with the title deeds delay, and we are probably looking at about two months before this comes through.
We have flights booked for September, when we thought we would be staying in our own apartment. We had made arrangements for the furniture to be installed before we go over, but have had to put on hold until we make a decision.
Our money is held in a holding account until completion now, but if we were to put into builders account (Artev), we can use and furnish our apt.
Artev are a very reputable builder in Turkey, and we know of people on phase one that did the same thing, and now have the title deeds.

Has anybody else come across this whilst buying in Turkey?

gren

Do you really want to have your holiday on a building site??

flamingo

Already stayed in apt on phase one for a week in June, and it was really lovely (as well as dusty).

Bubs

Hi, We had delays at every step of the way including the military checks but all is fine now. Bubs in Tuzla

Mary

Hi Just come back from Bodrum/Tuzla after 5 weeks, very up and down comments I will write a more detailed report later if anyone interested.
Flamingo, well Atlantis the lost city comes to mind-----Artev builders account be careful-Artev hold all the cards it appears/MRI to be precise.
Still if you want to use your apartment!!
Lol Mary & Tony

tjd

Aye - just what do you mean, considering you have a place on Ayder?

Mary

Hi All,
Nothing except that it is huge and I know the developer and construction company very well being in this line of business.
When selling properties everyone has a tick list and every one prospective customer is unique and they make their own choices. What one would view is right another wrong, it is down to the individual requirements of the client.
Everyone who has purchased on Flamingo would belong to the Flamingo Country Club Owners Group so would know the pros and cons of this complex. Also they use the same lawyers that I have dealt with for clients.

My personal views are of no consquence other than that I have to see it when passing down the lane to Ayder, and to the local supermarket, other than that I cannot see it from Ayder.

gren

They probably ran out of building water for the cement due to those bloody golf courses!!!

We are out there now. If anyone on phase 1 or 2 wants some information on the general appearance/standards of completion on the communal areas, please pm me and I have some pictures - some good, some v.bad. It's better to come out here and see how things are going, especially before handing over money. Royal Heights is the main Artev area of concentration now, as they have to complete this to get final payments in. Check the property and the facilities, before paying the final payment please. Phase 1 & 2 need loads of finishing off and repairs to structures/gardens caused by recent bad rain.

darryl

Hi Mangomaxxx
Have property on phase 2 within Freesia section. Would be very interested to know how landscaping is going etc

Regards

DAZ

PDM

Just spent the last week on phase 2, landscaping still not done, all the garden areas are still just mud. The gardeners were not working when it was raining last week they were waiting for the sun to come out to plant the tree's and shrubs!! Helen from the office told us that the grass would be done by the first week of May, it was going to be sprayed on an then it is fast growing..we shall see. Lots of people were complaining of damp walls and condensation in their apartments, we didnt have damp but one evening we had the heating on and the patio door cracked from top to bottom, went down to Artev but they said we had to pay for a new on, the glaziers came next day but couldnt get the new glass in and cracked the replacement so we had to wait for a third panel of glass to be fitted!!

Last edited:
I couldn't agree more with the previous 2 posts. When I ask Smile to address some of the issues relating to standards of finish and deterioration (communal areas/gardens/facilities and damaged individual properties), they advise that they have raised all concerns with Artev but Artev are not acting, or if they are, it is too little, too late. They have been suspended from AIPP and this is serious, as it shows their contempt for unhappy purchasers. They will have a long-term relationship with Flamingo and, according to the LI solicitor almost 150 properties on phase 1 & 2 remain unsold. You would have thought that so many unsold properties still on their hands would make them speed up the finishing of the site and make it presentable for any prospectative purchasers they have lined up. Many communal areas belong to Artev and we rely on them to keep these facilities open and available to us.

We are back out again from early May and intend staying onsite for up to 2 months. If anyone wants to send me their site address and email address, I can take photos of your individual property exterior and post them online. Does anyone know of a website where I can upload pics in an album for general viewing? (maybe with a password so not public).

Smile and Legal Independance both now know that Artev are suspended from AIPP. They were unaware, until I told them!!

biggles

biggles
why dont you put a hyptech on the tapu , that way even though you do not have the tapu they cant put any debts on it or sell it to anyone else . you and the builder have to agree to the hypotech . say to them you will pay the final payment if they put a hypotech on the tapu untill it transfers to your name when the hypotech can be removed . if they say no i would be very wary . HomeBuyers' Pressure Group read down to property protection .hypotech /ipotek

Last edited:

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Mangomaxxx, we have nothing to do with your development, however i think your community spirit is deserving of commendation. You are a good egg.
cheers, Steve.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom