labman

First Holiday after 4 years!!!
Hi all,

Having just come back from our Villa in Akbuk (start of season maintainence trip) a few weeks ago I thought to myself "I've never really had an actual holiday"

I have always had to deal with one thing or another (Tapu's, snagging, paying / setting up problem bills cos we'd been cut off ......it goes on as many of you know) I've never arrived, woke up in the morning, gone onto the roof for an hour or two, had BBQ then a few drinks later on, go for a swim, relaxed dinner, watch the sun go down with another BBQ and more drinks etc, etc, etc. I can only assume that many of you know what I'm talking about.

The only time I have enjoyed the real heat/atmosphere that Turkey offers was the first time I went, which just happened to be when we made a purchase!, end of August, the whole place is so different (probably why I made the puchase!! but don't regret even through all the sh......t on the journey) I've been Jan, Feb, March and April, I've re-grouted our bathroom and toilet (not a nice job and I'm a tiler!!)

For fear of going on.... I want to tell everyone that I have booked a week - 20th of June and am gona enjoy what I have bought, no nonsense stuff - just enjoy - I have just two questions...........

Whats the weather like and is everything open?

Am I striking a chord with any other TLF members?

Labman:48:

dalyansteve

Re: Fist Holiday after 4 years!!!

You most certainly are, if you can afford it and you have a decent company looking after your property this is what you should expect every time. However if you think you can do all this yourself and have a holiday you are sorely misstaken. Any property good, bad or indifferent needs constant maintenance, wherever it is. Unlived in property is basically unloved.

labman

Have A Good Time Labman . Yep Re-Grouting Sucks(I'm A Tiler Too) Ted

Ted, your a tiler too but you are also No 1 in Minipool and I am No 3, you must be a bl.....dy good tiler!? The pool thing is driving me mad but it goes to show how much free time us tilers get eh!..... get the main body in - have a game of pool, do some cuts - have some tea, bit of grouting - more pool! that just leaves the end of day beer and another game of pool! (still can't stand re-grouting though!:77wu:

LM

Tess

:roundgrin Hope you have a fab time Labman, make it a real holiday from the moment you leave home until you return, thats an order!!!!! Sounds like you deserve it :roundgrin:roundgrin

carolk

R.I.P
The weather will be lovely, I hope you have a great holiday and enjoy your property and all it has to offer. :D

Maura

'THE GOLDEN GIRLS'
Hi Labman

I have a distant memory of holidays that consisted of relaxation, a little shopping, a little pampering, an afternoon siesta, a few books read, long relaxing dining, a guided tour here or their, a day long boat trip and making new friends.

My holidays now consist of visits to the tax office, to the local council office, to the bank, to the tapu office, to the local hardware shop, to the paint shop, to the gardening centre, to the tedas office and to any other office or shop remotely connected to our house.

While others are relaxing and soaking up the suns ray's I am sanding, painting, weeding, cleaning like something posessed. I arrive home looking like a total wreck, paler than I was when I left Ireland and in bad need of a decent nights sleep. So maybe this year I will take your lead and ban all work except painting my nails. Enjoy your holiday.

Maura

lesleykay

My plan too when I go mid July. Rest!! that is after I have unpacked all the items from the (to take next time) list I made last time:)

Know what you mean, our last hol we spent 2 days getting water reconnected,,, everyday sweeping flakey paint up, paying bills and general cleaning, lol. Our next hol we are going to spend a couple of days sorting flakey paint out and suspected small leak in neighbours drainpipe,, hence flakey paint in our house,, damp gets in...but after that, we are going to chill and enjoy Turkey. Hopefully our Tapu does not need updating as I dont want to spend days running around trying to fix that too, lol.....

Guz1

Labman, you've just reminded me what holidays used mean - days on the beach and nights on the town interspersed with the odd sightseeing trip. Enjoy.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom