stevecarol

fires
Hi all in Akbuk
We have a villa villa in yesiltepe just outside Akbuk and have been told that there is a serious fire there at the moment and it looks like it may take our place with it. Apparenty there are aircraft dropping water on it as i write. Does anyone have any info please.

Harem

I've cliqued
fires
Oh dear, for your sake I hope it doesn't get too close to your villa. Sorry I can't be helpful.

Lyndsey

Kalın deriliyimdir
fires
I am here not far from where you state, looking outside right now and no sign of planes. Not heard anything of the sort either.

gerald

fires
Thanks to Wardentree for pointing out my mistake, Sorry All, ignore below unless you want a history lesson.

Some mention of property damage at Yurdakul Business Centrehere:

Huge Akbuk fire burns 30 hecters at Seyran Tepe

Huge Akbuk fire burns 30 hecters at Seyran Tepe

On August 17th a fire swept through Seyran Tepe due unknown causes and caused damage to 30 hecters of farm land near Akbuk. The fire brigade from Milas and round areas battled with the fire and eventually got it under control but were unable to save the farm land.

On the same day a fire caused by electirical faults swept through Yurdakul Business Centre and caused damage to a total of 16 houses and the local bank Halk Bank next to the Panormos Hotel. No one was injured but the bank has closed trading until further notice.

Last edited:

akbukcyd

fires
I came past Yesiltepe this evening and there is a BIG fire. There was a helicopter and a plan dousing with water and there was a lot of smoke. I do not know how big the fire is but it looks quite widespread and near the houses. If I find out any more I will post on here

Just spoken to a friend who has a house in Yesiltepe. He said it was a bad fire but it is out now.

stevecarol

fires
Thanks all for your replies, have just been told that our place is safe, and no bad damage done just all the garden turned to cinder, apparently the wind changed just in time for us, however im told that there are propeties that are badly damaged, hopefully no one has been injured.

What a relief we only took delivery of it 2 weeks ago, and spent a fortune furishing it.

Thanks again

maggie

fires
So glad to hear your place is okay.!!!!!
Like you hope no one was injured !!!

Whereabouts exactly was this fire as I have friends on face book that live in Yesiltepe maybe yet not know bout this fire.!!!

Hugs Maggie xx

stevecarol

fires
So glad to hear your place is okay.!!!!!
Like you hope no one was injured !!!

Whereabouts exactly was this fire as I have friends on face book that live in Yesiltepe maybe yet not know bout this fire.!!!

Hugs Maggie xx

It was towards the far end as you come in the entrance to Yesiltepe. with the tea house on your right looking toward Bafa Lake.
hope that makes sence to you.

maggie

fires
It was towards the far end as you come in the entrance to Yesiltepe. with the tea house on your right looking toward Bafa Lake.
hope that makes sence to you.
Thanks might to them any where Near Green Hills is it?????
Hugs Maggie xx

ojos_azures

fires
I have been out to Yesiltepe during the fire. Yes there is damage, but as far as I can tell, no major damage to any buildings on the main site of Yesiltepe.
The fire occurred mostly on the Bodrum side of the Large public pool, and down towards Seyrantepe. It appeared to start from the Bodrum road area, and just sweep across, up through the valley and across.
Any damage I saw was limited to smoke damage, and some minor heat damage. Of course, huge areas of land are charred and burnt, but considering everything, the Fire department did a cracking job of extinguishing the fire across such a massive area in a relatively short space of time.
If I can work out how, I will post some pictures and video, otherwise, I will send them to the Voices newspaper.

Richard

juco

fires
If I can work out how, I will post some pictures and video, otherwise,

If you know how to attach to an email then you can email me with them and I will post them on the forum.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom