ted j

Firefox
Yesterday I reluctantly reset Firefox as it was running really slow , I did so on the advice from them that all my logins and passwords would not be touched

It started up and the first thing I noticed was my toolbar was back to the boring chrome-like icons, I tried to load up the gadget to correct this but found out that half my add ons now didn't work and as well as that, I was signed out of everything
:27:
I re-signed in to all my tabs only to find half an hour later the new "improved" Firefox had secretly updated and wiped all my passwords again , so I went into settings and checked "never update(not recommended)", thinking mistakenly that Firefox would actually not look for updates , turned laptop off, went for a shave and shower before we went out, came back downstairs and while waiting for Kath to come down , turned laptop on again for a quick game of pool ...............Firefox updated again and wiped all my log ins again (this was around 7.15 pm )

Got up this morning and downloaded Pale moon browser (it's like Firefox was before they ballsed it up ).......Had to transfer everything over (and sign in to everything again ), but sorted now , the only thing I can't get , is putting my gmail shortcut into my favourites (which I have as a button on my toolbar) . It will store everything else apart from that, so now have that directly on my toolbar which will store

Last edited:

tintagel

Firefox
At least we always knew where Foxy was coming from.

Whether people agreed or disagreed with his statements, he was/is what it says on the tin.

ted j

Firefox
Well, after persevering with Pale moon for a day and a half, I got fed up of add ons not being compatable , so re downloaded Firefox , but before I did anything else with it , I went into the registry and deleted the updater and maintenance keys , then reinstalled all my add ons
Everything is fast and fine now, but I found out that after using my VPN , Psiphon to have a look at Wikepedia , all my logons were logged out again, so will have to find another VPN

sgreat

Loveing Life !!
Firefox
I went from Firefox to Cyberfox the 64bit version...appears to be alot more stable and works well with all my addons... Waterfox is another stable varient...

Just a word on VPN's.. I've been useing Purevpn and I'm very happy with it so far...works very well here in Turkey, have a huge selection of global server choice including UK and IOM.. and Server speeds are good...I watch UK TV most evening without any dropouts... I paid for a 1yr subscription at £20 and it has been very good imho.. I can connect up to 5 devices which covers me nicely..

Latest Posts

Top Bottom