sallylamb

Fines for out of date visa
Hi does anyone know what the current fine is if your visa runs out unfortunately I am waiting for my new passport to come back from istanbul and my visa runs out on sunday. The ferry only runs to Kos Mondays Wednesdays and Fridays so even if passport arrives today I wont be able to go till Monday. Keep hearing different stories about being banned or getting fined!!! Would appreciate any info on this. Thanks

alison09400

I think someone posted the current fines on a separate thread.....try doing a search on it and it should come up.

Doesn't Izmir Consulate do the passports anymore? Give the Consulate a call and see if it's on it's way.

ChrisBobs

I would call or hotfoot it into the Passport Police today and explain the situation......

sallylamb

Tried the harbour police but they said i will have to wait until passport arrives and I am going to Kos before they can say what is goning to happen!!!! By the way Ringspanner thanks for your help!!!

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
The last time I heard, it was 110 TL for 1 day over the 90.

Doesn't Izmir Consulate do the passports anymore? Give the Consulate a call and see if it's on it's way.

I'm pretty sure that you now have to deal directly with Istanbul for passports. The Consular and Honorary Consular offices no longer handle applications.

Last edited:

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
If you have a resident visa you have a 15 day grace period to renew it. I wouldn't be surprised if you plan on renewing your visitors visa withing this time frame they would allow it. If you planning on leaving the country though they probably won't and fine you. Not really sure in the visitors visa thing.

Bob

hijo

in my own clique
..if i remember last year i was charged in kusadasi customs just under 300 lira for 2 two days for two of us..i had to pay before we could go to samos..got the dates mixed up ..so beware its not 3 months on your visa its 90 days..some months can make a lot of difference:27br:

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
I am sure that the fine is 113 tl for each overdue day - but could have changed again !

my daughter came back home 2weeks ago and a girl next to her was fined 320lira for being 2hours overdue her visa allowance. you actually count 89days from your arrival date in turkey until the day you have to leave.

chris.

Helenm150

Hi does anyone know what the current fine is if your visa runs out unfortunately I am waiting for my new passport to come back from istanbul and my visa runs out on sunday. The ferry only runs to Kos Mondays Wednesdays and Fridays so even if passport arrives today I wont be able to go till Monday. Keep hearing different stories about being banned or getting fined!!! Would appreciate any info on this. Thanks
Hi Sally, how long have you been waiting for your new passport - I think from memory they state a 10 day turnaround? Can the consulate in Bodrum track it for you - there is an email address for the consulate on their website - or better still you coud give them a call on 0090 252 3130021 and explain the situation - maybe they can give you something to present to the harbour police stating your passport is currently held up in Istanbul? Helen x

Latest Posts

Top Bottom