Fines for out of date resident permit
Does anyone know how much if fine for exceeding the resident permit?

hijo

in my own clique
..don,t know about residence permits ..but the 90 day visa is around 50 lira a day fine..i know this from experience..lol:gulme:

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
Ardina . are the ferrys running to cyprus from Alanya or closed for winter .??? You could pop over there if there running But need to cross border to southern cyprus for 90 day visa ....Sorry i missed tou in aug ...Diane . opps sorry i missed residance permit ! But yes it can cause problems ...KKOB will know .

Last edited:

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Just to make things clear, are you asking about a Residence Permit or a Tourist Visa, and by how many days is the renewal overdue ?

My resident permit itself is over and the following 15 days are about to be exceeded as I was told to submit some more docs for my daughter, documents must be translated into turkish and verified by my country consulate. This will take some time to be done, police officer in Yabanci subesi mentioned that we will probably exceed the res. permit, and there are fines will be charged, and that fines are same if one day or one month, I got upset, and didnt ask how much exactly (the officer looked reluctant to speak more).

Pineapple, hope you will be travelling again to Alanya?

Last edited:

LyndaW

İ was fined 276 lıra for being 2 weeks over the 2 weeks they allow you even though i had a police report saying that my resıdence and passport was destroyed ın fire.

Lynda

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
I think you need to go back to the Yabanci subesi with a Turkish speaker to clarify the situation.

Normally, if a Residence Permit expires, you still have upto 14 days after the expiry date to to make the application for renewal. Once you've made the application, if you're asked to provide further information, it shouldn't create a problem. When you lodge your application the Pasaport Polis should give you a photocopy of the detail page from your passport, signed and stamped by an officer and endorsed to the effect that your application is being processed. If you're stopped by Jandarma or Polis they'll accept this photocopy as proof of your identity.

Your new Residence Permit will commence from the date that your last one expired if you use the 14 day grace option.

Last edited:

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
KKOB your a mine of information ...Theres men and theres Gentlemen you of course are the latter .. Thanks for all the info given in 2009 . and a happy 2010 ..The old Fruit ..Diane

In my case the bunch of papers we usually submit was not received, they returned us back saying that at this time need to see some more documents related to my daughter (she is under 18, in my custody). As they didnt accept the papers, it means that days are counting... I was hoping that anyone on the Forum knows how much will be the fines.

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
Is it possable to get a visitors permit untill residents permit is sorted out ???? ....Diane

RIK

Diane.You can get a visitors visa until the Residence Permit is sorted.You must leave the country of course.

Ian

Ardina.A very good friend of mine who worked for the Tukish Goverment ran into bad times.A loan not repayed---English Guy who did not pay back and did a runner.This left my Pal in trouble and he could not pay for his new Residents Permit.At a month over he went to the police and they told him, either pay a 1200 TL. Fine or leave the country and be banned from return for 5 years.This was 10 days ago.Hope this helps.

Ian

Last edited by a moderator:

Howell's

In my case the bunch of papers we usually submit was not received, they returned us back saying that at this time need to see some more documents related to my daughter (she is under 18, in my custody). As they didnt accept the papers, it means that days are counting... I was hoping that anyone on the Forum knows how much will be the fines.

What extra papers did you have to submit for your daughter Ardina ? My daughter is under 18 but i dont remember having to show anything extra when we got ours.

mike dj

Not the answer , but have never had my passport kept while I renew my residency , you should carry a copy or your passport with you ,as far as I know you do not have to carry your residency . Some one will let me know if I am wrong . Mike .

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
as far as I know you do not have to carry your residency . Some one will let me know if I am wrong . Mike .

You might encounter a problem if stopped by the Polis or Jandarma and they query why you don't have a current visa stamp.

If you're not keen on carrying the original documents, at least carry a photocopy.

mike dj

Have been stopped and only passport was asked for ,it was then checked on computer data base along with Turkish I.D. cards of the passengers on Dolmus . Not the same every where . I always carry copies not originals .Mike.

Thanks to all of you who responded. Finally I have completed required papers and submitted them, the fine turned to be 155,70 TL for 13 days. Also we were told that we would pay same amount for ONE DAY or for ONE MONTH excession, but I would recomend not to rely on this info, this may change again.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom