Ms Who

aka Kym Ciftci
Fines for no habitation certificate
The 1,000ytl penalty has been cancelled and the new criteria will allow for property owners to sort out their habitation certificates individually instead of all having to get together.

Now, this is the part where I get my head bitten off.

These things always happen here, its why the people that live and work here do not panic. Trying to get that across tho is like chewing glass and no one wants to listen. I always get the impression that people want something to worry about and I know for a fact that people will not take advice. This however is due to the fact that everyone from the expat in the pub to waiter is a god damn expert so its impossible to know who to believe.

Im pleased for those of you that were in the worse possible scenario :)

Martyn

The 1,000ytl penalty has been cancelled and the new criteria will allow for property owners to sort out their habitation certificates individually instead of all having to get together.

Now, this is the part where I get my head bitten off.

These things always happen here, its why the people that live and work here do not panic. Trying to get that across tho is like chewing glass and no one wants to listen. I always get the impression that people want something to worry about and I know for a fact that people will not take advice. This however is due to the fact that everyone from the expat in the pub to waiter is a god damn expert so its impossible to know who to believe.

Im pleased for those of you that were in the worse possible scenario :)

That's great news Kym, just need to get a Hab Cert now :eek:hwell:

dalyansteve

You are quite right, we Brits do like to have something to winge and moan about, it must be in our genes somewhere. Australians have called us whinging poms since they were invented for good reason.

kernowians

Thanks for this info. Do you know if this is effective as of now, or when it comes into effect.

parrot

You are quite right, we Brits do like to have something to winge and moan about, it must be in our genes somewhere. Australians have called us whinging poms since they were invented for good reason.
I think those who have lost their properties,lost their money,waited years for tapus and or habitation certs,been ripped off by crooked emlaks,builders or lawyers and have had no help from the authorities,have plenty to winge about in the land of the dodgy.

dalyansteve

I do apologise parrot, obviously I was not talking about the people with serious grievances, in case you did not realize, as I am sure ms.who was also talking about, was the people who come here or anywhere else for that matter and whinge and gripe about inconsequetial things, or things that when you have been here long enough you realise if you wait long enough and the law or whatever is stupid enough it will change.
For example, I have an old cottage built before imar plans, habitation certificates and the like, I have a tapu for the land, In theory the house should be demolished because it has not got all these things but I know it won't and I am not worried about it. However if it was for sale this would be made a big deal of by a foreign buyer. It isn't!!

Dalaman Deli

Loving Life in Turkey!
For example, I have an old cottage built before imar plans, habitation certificates and the like, I have a tapu for the land, In theory the house should be demolished because it has not got all these things but I know it won't and I am not worried about it. However if it was for sale this would be made a big deal of by a foreign buyer. It isn't!!

Steve, as time goes by and the government tighten up on property issues, it will become more important to Turks, as well as foreigners, to have ticks (or crosses, to be more precise) in the right boxes, or for those properties not covered by condominium law, to have a tapu showing both the land and the building. It may take time, but it will come (imho) as buyers become more savvy. Forums like this are raising awareness, so things are changing, and rightly so.

There are procedures in place for properties built before habitation certificates were issued to be added to the land tapus. I know, because we have just done it. It was a time consuming process and not exactly easy, but we did it. We had to have evidence that the property was built before a certain date (can't remember the date off the top of my head) and assorted other things. As a result the tapu now shows Arsa ve Bına.

dalyansteve

Yes, you are probably right Ruth, all I know is my next door neighbour was born here and as a young man, he and his older brother extended the house from a 2 room to a 4 room and later added a proper bathroom and plumbing. Yes sometime I will have to bite the bullet and get the letter from the Belediye to go to the Tapu office with it. But our Belediye is a bit busy at the moment looking for the 2 or 3 trillion lira that is missing so I think I will wait another year or two.

carolk

R.I.P
Thanks DD. I am sure you are right. For me it was not just about selling because I don't want to sell either but, about what I leave to my daughter. I don't want to just leave her land with a house on that could be knocked down when in fact, I own (paid for) land and a house.

dalyansteve

That is not quite right, you are correct Ruth, but Dalyan is about 20 light years behind Dalaman which is a zillion light years behind Izmir and a quadzillion behind Istanbul and Ankara.

Is there a link to any article that states that these fines have actually been suspended? If they have been suspended, is this effective immediately?

Guz1

Yes indeed, Crashtester. Those of us living outside Turkey don't have the luxury of hanging around to see whether the Turks will enforce the laws or change them.

And what about all the warnings being issued a few years ago about the law requiring that buildings be constructed to withstand earthquakes? Were those warnings genuine or were they just a sales tactic to encourage people to buy offplan properties? What system is/was in place to check that the building methods adhere(d) to the required standards? Wasn't the Iskan part of that process?

As for the 1,000 TL fine, all the reports were that the fine was applicable to properties with an iskan that weren't re-registered within a set timeframe. The pertinent questions here are

a) For Kat Irtifaki properties with an Iskan, has the due date for re-registering been deferred or abolished? If the date has been deferred what is the new due date?

b) Can Kat Irtifaki properties without an Iskan get Kat Mulkiyeti status and, if so, what are the procedures and cost?

Dalaman Deli

Loving Life in Turkey!
Maria,

I like many am waiting for confirmation of the changes to the system but it sounds like things are happening. We have confirmation from our own Kadastro office that we can go ahead and arrange the change from kat ırtıfakı to kat mülkiyeti for 4 owners who are unable to get the builder to do it and will not all be here at the same time. We didn't sell the properties either, we are just trying to help the owners out. I am not saying it will be the same in every area, but we have been required to get copies of the DASK certificates and the habitation certificates, along with a POA from one of the four owners, which we have done. We are about to start the process later today, which will mean a trip to the Tax office, followed by a trip to the Kadastro office and later the Belediye and the Tapu office and various payments will have to be made. It will take around a week to 10 days to complete, in which time the Kadastro office will go out to measure the plots and buildings.

I am not aware of a change to the system that would allow a direct change from kat ırtıfakı to kat mülkiyeti without getting the habitation certificate first. I really can't see that happening.

With regard to the building regs, these are updated frequently and are stricter than many other countries at risk from earthquakes. It is the responsibility of the local councils to ensure these standards are met.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom