Helenbodrum

Find me a job?!
Hi All
I posted a general thread a few months ago about child minding/nannying in Turkey, but now we are here and getting settled I need to get going!

So, could all you kind folks on here put the word around for me? I am fully qualified with a HND in Early Childhood Education (with certificates), lots of experience, and looking for a family (or several) that would like a private english childminder/nanny in Bodrum.

Please PM me if you know of anyone that might be interested!

Thanks
Helen x

Bodrum Girl

Bodrum Girl
Find me a job?!
Hi Helen

As you maybe aware the cost of childcare in Turkey is cheap . Im looking for childcare for my two girls age 5 and 3 .
What sort of wages are you looking for ... as in turkey the average wage for a nanny is 500 YTL per month .
Im sure as you are English you would be looking for a lot more...
But would be good to talk to you about this.

pebble

Find me a job?!
oh....i hope it's a match made in heaven.......good luck you two. hope you can work something out.

S

Sarah

Find me a job?!
Just read Helen's post and that has put an idea in my head - I'm an qualified primary school teacher and wonder is there any work I could get in this field. Do any members in Bodrum have children and perhaps want them to receive some private lessons? Or perhaps they have friends who would be interested? Worth a shot!

Pennie

Find me a job?!
Helen, if you look on the net for nannies/aupairs there were several jobs in the bodrum area last time i looked

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Find me a job?!
Starman raises a good point. If you try to advertise for work in local media the Tax and Local Authorities will show some interest. If local Child Minders, who do the job legally, find out what you are doing they might report you.

In this area, businesses that start illegally (and advertise) are soon visited by officials who scan the local adverts. You have already given them your name, the town you live in, a picture and your husband's name in your profile.

For the small money this will earn, you should consider if the risk is worth taking.

On the other hand, if this is a legitimate business with prospects, do it legally.

Ian

Last edited:

pebble

Find me a job?!
Helen, have you applied for your turkish citizenship? You are married to a turkish national, it is your right to get this. and you can retain your british citizenship, this will put you a step ahead of everyone else. it's a fairly simple process, you need to just get it started and then refer to it a it being in the pipeline. *OK it's not that simple, but once you have al the paperwork it's just a matter of waiting.......

You know, we have the same laws in our countries, foreginers cant just walk in and start working. however what is different in my country (not sure about yours) is that as soon as you are married to a national, you get a green card an that allows you to work. they dont have this system in place in turkey, you stil have to go through the citinzenship process. But once your paperwork is filed I think you can work.....

good luck girl.....

AzraCansel

I give up, let me die
Find me a job?!
I may be wrong but I am sure when I applied for citizenship (also married to a turkishman) that I was told that until I have been granted citizenship I can not work without a work permit. Maybe I miss understood and either way I wish Helen goodluck as with her background I would hire her in a flash.

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Find me a job?!
AzraCansel said:
that I was told that until I have been granted citizenship I can not work without a work permit.
No, I think you are correct, a friend of mine has been told the same.
Ian

Delia

Delia
Find me a job?!
for those women married to Turkish men you can only work legally with citizenship and you are not able to do this for 3 years after marriage to a Turk when you have your nufus (turkish identity card )

starman

Find me a job?!
Also remember that you need to be married for at least 3 years before you can apply for citizenship and you will have language tests aswell.
same counts for those men that are married to Turkish women.

Last edited:

pebble

Find me a job?!
they sure make it hard for you here dont they....yet, if they didnt get their green card right quick in the states, they'd be screaming bloody murder...... go figure!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom