nanamo

Fibre glass v tiled.
Please dont get too excited for us, we are still in the same position regarding solicitors, rogue Emlak's and court procedings etc.... but ......... I can dream and today I've let my mind wonder a bit, to think of what might someday be a reality so i've been thinking of swimming pools and the pro's and con's of tiled v fibre glass. Who knows one day the information we get back from knowledgeable forum readers may well sway us one way or another if we ever get our dream house. I suppose I have too much time on my hands today, no solicitors report to trawl through, no emails or phone calls to answer so I've spent the time trying to research pools. Molly. x.

Lyndsey

Kalın deriliyimdir
Fibre glass v tiled.
The most obvious point would be that fibreglass pools are cheaper than a tiled one.

Personally i would go for tiled every time as they just look so much nicer. It is really down to your preference though.

nanamo

Fibre glass v tiled.
Thanks Lindsay
Cant say I've ever seen a fibre glass pool - I think I'd like a tiled one but we were told fibre glass is the way forward. Maybe after paying for courts, solicitors and wasted flights etc we could only afford a blow up toddler pool anyway - look on the bright side - somewhere to dip your toes while adding up the costs lol. Molly x

Lyndsey

Kalın deriliyimdir
Fibre glass v tiled.
If you do go for a fibreglass one make sure you get it a lot cheaper than a tiled one. Don't let them persuade you to have a fibreglass one because they are cheaper and easier to install and then still charge you full whack! Some people prefer the fibreglass ones and they aren't offensive to the eyes. I honestly don't think it would enter your head when looking at it if it was tiled or fibreglass.

Sorry to hear you are having property trouble. I hope they are resolved fast for you.

zuberdust

IM THE BESTEST :)
Fibre glass v tiled.
a fibreglass pool looks just as nice as tiled

nanamo

Fibre glass v tiled.
Thanks Super Zuber for the pic - I was thinking fiber glass ones could resemble fish ponds but this one looks nice. It's still a dream and a long way off for us but today I'm thinking positivly and allowing myself to day dream, its probably the only way I am going to cope with what lies ahead - i'm thinking of not only happy times in my own pool but also burying the Emlak under it after first drowning him in it lol. Thanks for the info and good wishes Lyndsay. Molly x.

Last edited:

nwclio

Fibre glass v tiled.
I would see if you could find someone who has a pool made of fiberglass and see what the life of the surface is expected to be as plastics dont fare too well in the in the height of the summer sun.
It maybe cheap to start off but what about a replacement after a few summers?
Just a thought..

nanamo

Fibre glass v tiled.
Hello all, I'm still at it, still dreaming of swimming pools in the sun so can anyone please help me with some Turkish web sites to look at for both fibre glass and tiled. Thanks - Molly x.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom