KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Fethiye Baskan Suffers Multiple Stab Wounds
The Fethiye Belediye Baskan has just been stabbed several times at the foot of the stairs to the Belediye building near Carrefour and rushed to hospital.

Fendouglas

Gangless!
Excuse the ignorance but what is a 'Baskan'? (I won't even ask how many stairs he/she or it may have)

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
A Baskan is a Chairman of a Committee, a Mayor or other Dignitary.

In this particular case it's the Mayor of Fethiye and the Belediye offices are above the Carrefour supermarket in the centre of Fethiye.

Last edited:

Bubskar

Good grief Alan, that's pretty serious, being stabbed in his own office. Surely security must have apprehended the assailent. From Turks I have spoken to over the years, I have the impression that they don't always think he's as true blue as he makes out, but he always gets voted back in again. This is a terrible piece of news however. Who could he have upset so much to receive such aggression.

Horrendous piece of news.

Let's hope his injuries are not too serious and that he makes a speedy recovery.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
No doubt there will plenty of speculation, accusations and of course, the inevitable conspiracy theory, during the next few days.

Let's just hope he survives to tell his side of the story.

Orka6

And also the deputy mayor suffered injuries aswell-according to hurruyet both were taken to esnaf hospital. a hospital spoksman said the injuries to both were not life threatening.police arrested a turkish man apparently known to the mayor and is now in police custody-we wish the mayor and his deputy a speedy recovery

Latest Posts

Top Bottom