arrian

R.I.P
ferry from kos to turgutreis
as i've mentioned once or twice before, we will be arriving in turgutreis on sunday for 2 weeks, just found out that my husbands brother and his wife fly to kos on saturday for 2 weeks. they would like to come over to visit and maybe stay over for at least 1 night, does anyone have any info re: this, such as how often are the ferries and is it possible to rent a room for just 1 or 2 nights? i think our hotel is full as my daughter & hubby wanted to come with us too but when we tried to book last weekend were told no availability, don't know if this was for the room or flight. would be nice to meet up with them, so any help & advice would be really appreciated! :blowkiss::blowkiss::blowkiss:

babsgood

Deemon in disguise
Hi Arrian, the Kos/Turgutreis ferry runs every day it is 28 euro return but only if you complete the journey on the same day, if they stay overnight they will have to pay 2 x 28 euro (well thats the case if you go Turgutreis to Kos so I'm assuming its the same the other way)

there are a few places to rent for a couple of nights, the hotels used by the tour companies may well be full but there is always the Kortan up in the harbour or the Kumsal which is close to the Mandalinci hotel, plus some small pensions may well have rooms, it really is a case of knowing what nights you want and then doing the rounds of hotels, it might also be worth asking where you are staying as it could be that the tour operator didn't have enough rooms as I think they block book a certain amount of rooms for the season.

Enjoy your stay in Turgutreis

parrot

Go into Travelrepublic I've had a few bookings with them in Turgetreis notably the VIOLIN,not the best,there are others but somewhere to get your head down for a fiver a night with Turkish breakfast.

arrian

R.I.P
thanks for the info, i thought the ferry might have only been once or twice a week, so that's really good if it's every day. i'd forgotten about block bookings, so that's the first thing to ask when we get to the hotel. :24::24::24:

Gail

The Greek ferry from Kos to Turgutreis only runs on a SATURDAY at 10am, it runs every day to Bodrum but only once a week to into Turgutreis. I got a one way ticket from Kos to Turgutreis for Eur 10 but had to haggle a little.

It runs every day from Turgutreis to Kos which is Eur 28 return and they won't sell you a single ticket so your sister in law would have to catch the 16.30 return ferry if she wanted to come into Turgutreis on any other day than Saturday.

arrian

R.I.P
well, we had a great time in t/treis, hubby ended up having to use a wheelchair which Fari the hotel manager got us for free!!!
my brother and sister in law didn't get over from kos as they were told by someone who said they had done the trip before, had their passports taken off them and didn't get them back for 3 days! that didn't sound right but they weren't prepared to risk it.
only problem we had was that the kerbs were so high' we had to walk in the road a lot, but as i had found a walking stick with an LED light on it we had some fun letting the traffic know we were there!!

nicky13

Hi just this minute joined.please could anyone tell me the cheapest way to travel from turg. To istanbul as would like to spend 4 days there.many thanks.nick

Last edited:

nicky13

Hi ken many thanks for your help,don't mean to be a little thick but what does bjs stand for ? Do you have a pace in gum.kindest regards and many thanks ,nick

Latest Posts

Top Bottom