Feedback on TLF recommendations
We’re just back from an extended Christmas holiday in the UK and we thought we would give some feedback on some recommendations we took up from TLF before our trip. We’ll split the post into relevant subjects as it will prove to be too long a thread

First recommendation was the Airport transfer/Taxi driver from ‘Kapluma’ on the Datca forum who mentioned this web site and that the charge was only £65 for the Datca – Dalaman Airport run. There were some reservations as to the authenticity of this web site as it only displayed a mobile phone number but we booked them anyway. The guy arrived spot on time to the minute at 4 a.m. Knowing that some contributors to this site have previously mentioned about speeding taxi drivers let us put all your minds to rest, he stayed within the speed limit throughout the entire journey, he was a very considerate driver and never went over 70K and this was at 4 a.m. when there was little traffic on the road. And yes £65 was the fare! We have no hesitation in recommending him, here is the link again;

Datca Transfers | Dalaman Airport Transfers - DM Transfers Turkey - Marmaris

Last edited by a moderator:

kaplumba

Come on M&J get my name right - kaplumba, although I know it's wrong before the Turkish spelling experts jump on me!! Blame the waiter who wrote it down lol.
Any way thanks for letting us know. I looked on their web site and the price is now 75 pounds each way but that's still very good. It looks as though they will take 4 for that price.

We have quite a good choice now. I checked today with Marmaris Transfers who we have used quite often and they are holding last years prices 75 pounds each way for up to 2 in a car, however if you only have one bag each they will take three for the same price. We thought their drivers were safe.The price goes up a bit for minibuses. There is a nice, honest taxi driver in town (one of the cicek drivers) who quoted me what I thought was a good price last year but I can't remember what it was!! The car hire place opposite the Is bank also quoted about 75 pounds last year. I have asked for prices of Seher tour but haven't received them yet. He was charging 100 pounds last year but can take up to 12 people so if you have a large group it is ok. We also like to use them for a day trips around the peninsula, going down to Knidos and then back along the coast road stopping for lunch and a swim. A while back we did it with 12 family and friends in the bus and it was so much fun. We picked up an old chap on the road and took him home. The passengers bought all of his herbs, honey and almonds. He must have thought all his birthdays had come at once. We hope to do it with 12 again this summer.

Come on M&J get my name right - kaplumba, although I know it's wrong before the Turkish spelling experts jump on me!! Blame the waiter who wrote it down lol.

Sorry Jane, we have a new laptop and sometimes the keys get stuck, certainly after a bottle or two of the local red! Thanks for the added info, we're sure that others will benefit from this. Look forward to seeing you when you come out. LOL M&J

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom