Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Favourite Eateries in and around Yalikavak
Now that we're gearing up for our holidays in the Yalikavak area, (and I think Mushtaq's thread is a great idea), lol, we are all looking forward to be once again eating in our favourite and never tried before Restaurants. Here's a starter. Looking forward to Morgul Antik's always a good night there and great food and very good wines at great price, 3 Brothers, love their Calamaris for Lunch, Dede, Musti's fab Steaks and a good crack esp with Brenda, Honeypot for scrummy honey chicken, Karya Kebab favourite and very very good value. Cwmbali delish fish dishes. Ones I want to try this year from are Saklibahce, Side, and those very welcoming restaurants along the Coast Road past the Marina. Our Secret Garden, and probably lots more that have opened along the front as you go on past Mustis. Then off to Gumusluk.........Delicious Mezes and Fish Menus along the waterfront, and probably a few more to try there too. My mouth's watering now.

:hungry::kitapoku:

miela

I hear Ali Babas has opened further down the road between the 3 brothers and and the Yali Park hotel, they do a very nice steak with soy sauce and a superb Anatolia casserole, oh and the fish cooked in the sea salt is defilnately worth trying. (Hope this is the right location) But my favourite is Musties. They serve good wine and their steak in mushroom sauce is melt in your mouth.

Miela

Last edited:

james fowler

Retired to Yalikavak
I hear ali babas has opened between the 3 brothers and and the Yali Park hotel, they do a very nice steak with soy sauce. But my favourite is musties. They serve good wine and their steaks melt in your mouth.

Miela

Is this in addition to their current restaurant as it has always been our favourite place to eat. By your description of its situation I presume you mean the restaurant is in the Mercan Story as I know they have a working relationship there. If you know the answers please let me know Regards James

miela

As far as I know the block their restaurant was in further up is being renovated. I don't know exactly which site they are on now but I believe they have moved but still call themselves Ali Baba restaurant. Hope Im not passing on wrong information as I got it from a friend who got it from a friend. Will seek them out for a nice soy sauce steak next time I go.

Last edited:

miela

I have only eaten in saklibahce once, it was nice, lots of food and freshly prepared, nice friendly atmosphere, my favourite is musties but my husband likes ali baba and dede. I also like the kofte restaurant and the kebab shop across from the bus station for lunch. There is also a great turkish restaurant across from the Sandima bar. They are very reasonably priced too if you are keeping to a budget. If you have a family it isn't easy to feed them all in a british style restaurant every day for 2 weeks.

Miela

Last edited:

waterbaby

Ali Baba restaurant has re-located and is now at Mercan Storey hotel.I walked past a few days ago and it is looking really nice,a few people in there too.
Saklibahce restaurant has now changed hands, The woman who used to run it has moved on so im not sure if the menu will be the same and to be honest i dont even know if they are open.

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Hi Buzzmedia, it all depends where you go and what you want, at the top price range, as has been stated Mustis, but damn good night, Morgul Antik's is excellent for both Turkish and English Cuisine Sue does a mean Chili (get a good sweat on), lol and also we love their Turkish food Lamb Tantuni very nice and around 100 tl with wine for 4 of us. Oh and their Fish and Chip with mushy peas spesh on a Friday night, Karya Kebab (next to Rahat Bar) 100 tl for 4, Mustis around 140 for fillet steaks and wine for 4 of us. Cwmbali about same price as Mustis. Honeypot around 80tl with wine for 4. Stay in, and eat Bread (Pete enjoys, lol) 5 tl for 4.:hehe:
I am looking forward to trying all the new ones as well, as we try to spread our custom as we have our own apt we do BBQ on the terrace a few times, buy the fish from town and enjoy the view across the bay, you cannot put a price on that!!!

Lesley

Last edited by a moderator:

miela

I have only eaten in Mogul once, I usually like to be along the sea front in the summer to get the cool breeze when its hot and inside if its cool. Sorry Sue Im sure you have a fine menu. You usually seem quite busy anyway and thats a very good sign. I like to try my hand at my own version of some of the turkish dishes when Im there and like you lesley, we have a few drinks on our balcony and just soak up the fabulous view. I go out a couple of nights and some nights I can't be bothered getting all dressed up to go out to eat just love spending time at the apartment and we don't have to worry about getting a taxi home.

Last edited:

miela

Oh I forgot, I also like Dedes food and it is very reasonably priced.

Last edited:

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
I hear ali babas has opened between the 3 brothers and and the Yali Park hotel, they do a very nice steak with soy sauce. But my favourite is musties. They serve good wine and their steaks melt in your mouth.

Miela

Our family stayed at our place last June, after their meal in Mustis, Musti offered them a lift home, they accepted his kind offer, it's a 4 mile run and for no charge I might add, now that's service with a smile eh.

miela

Yes that really is what I call service, some of the restaurants are very good about making sure you get home safely, that is a definate bonus especialy when you have such a long walk to the taxi rank from Musties and the cost of a cab after midnight is very expensive.

Bebelka

Please add to the list Secret Garden and Paprika. Both very good value and good food.

tomc1984

In Yalikavak now and still the two best places for us are Morgul Antik and Mustis, although have to admit now that we eat in a lot to save money, cant afford to dine out too much. Sue & Ibrahim are nearly ready to open now for the season and have put down a really good looking "green carpet", to cover the cobbles, looks nice.

JML

The old Ali Baba closed. New restaurant is in Mercan Story not sure if still called Ali Baba but will have beach now so will get daytime trade.Kosede is also good, Emrah and Engin (Ex Musties) are running it.

Last edited:

dngood

I realise that this is a Yalıkavak thread, so apologies for meandering a little of topic, but Teldolap, in Karakaya just above Gümüşlük is well worth a visit - a real traditional "hidden gem" of a restaurant.

lesleykay

I have heard of this Tedolap but last time it was mentioned and someone asked for directions, a link from Wikapedia was posted. I could not follow this so could you please post directions from the main road (dolmus route to Gumusluk from Yalikivak)

dngood

Lesley,

I don't know where the dolmuş stops in Gümüşlük, but you want to head inland towards Derekoy, and you'll come across the mini roundabout that's mentioned in the directions here: Teldolap Restaurant and Apartments

Alternatively, ask them when you book, they have a minibus service so may be able to come and collect you.

I hope that helps,

Dave.

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Lesley,

I don't know where the dolmuş stops in Gümüşlük, but you want to head inland towards Derekoy, and you'll come across the mini roundabout that's mentioned in the directions here: Teldolap Restaurant and Apartments

Alternatively, ask them when you book, they have a minibus service so may be able to come and collect you.

I hope that helps,

Dave.

Thanks David, on the last mention about this restaurant it's on our list of new places to try this year, it's not that far from us as we are in Gumuskaya, but spend most of our eating out in Yalikavak or Gumusluk.

Lesley

tomc1984

We had a trip out to Teldollop last week, thanks Sue & Ibrahim, the restaurant is in a beautiful location, great views but you do have a lot of stone steps to climb to the restaurant. Going out now in the car to try and find it again. Food was nice but portions small.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom