maggie

faster downloading.
I use Mininova to download films etc then Bit Torrent to download them onto my computter.

Does anyone know the settings I should use to make things download faster please.????
Hugs Maggie xx

bickern

faster downloading.
yes, its called use utorrent.

low overhead and sets itself up.

µTorrent was written with efficiency in mind. Unlike many torrent clients, it does not hog valuable system resources - typically using less than 6MB of memory, allowing you to use the computer as if it weren't there at all. Additionally, the program itself is contained within a single executable less than 220 KB in size.

μTorrent is praised for its small size and the minimal computer resources it uses which sets it apart from other clients.

Torrent - a (very) tiny BitTorrent client

Direct Download from 3rd party site

Last edited:

maggie

faster downloading.
Downloaded it but it says a port is not open to accept downloads am now lost.!!!!!!!Now cant download anything.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hugs Maggie xx

Last edited:

maggie

faster downloading.
Well Ive now been trying to sort this out for over an hour.
Downloaded u torrent which wont let me download anything as I apparently havennt openned my ports ?????????????????????

Ow why didnt I just leave well alone on normal Bitt Torrent that wont let me download anything either now.
Fed up.!!!!!!!

Hugs Maggie xxx

bickern

faster downloading.
open utorrent

on menu goto options > preferences

on left menu

goto connection

port used for incoming I have random

the next fout i have ticked

I do not use a proxy

if you still cant use then I suggest your firewall is stopping it

what firewall do you use?

if you just want to go back to how you were before then use system restore.

Use System Restore to Undo Changes if Problems Occur

this will put all your settings etc back as they were.

Last edited:

maggie

faster downloading.
Still wont work keeps telling me to open my port .!!!!!

Giving up .

Hugs Maggie xx

peter the postie

Wer'e not really here
faster downloading.
U Torrent never sets itself up properly. Yes it usually downloads stuff ok, but you do'nt get the best download speeds.

Maggie, I'm afraid you wont get the best from it unless you also configure your router/modem. Forwarding ports will give you by far the best results but without being condescending I doubt you'd have the confidence to set it up.

Here's a good source to start PortForward.com - Free Help Setting up Your Router or Firewall

Martyn

faster downloading.
Hi Maggie

I can sort the router out remotely but I'm just on my way out now and not back until tomorrow night. :dance: I might be able to do it then if you are still stuck.

bickern

faster downloading.
U Torrent never sets itself up properly. Yes it usually downloads stuff ok, but you do'nt get the best download speeds.

Maggie, I'm afraid you wont get the best from it unless you also configure your router/modem. Forwarding ports will give you by far the best results but without being condescending I doubt you'd have the confidence to set it up.

Here's a good source to start PortForward.com - Free Help Setting up Your Router or Firewall

Well you must do something wrong with it then because it will max out your download to 100% if you let it.

She should not need to configure anything on her modem unless she has altered any of the standard settings.

Firewall could be a different matter but until she says which firewall she is using then I cant really suggest anything.

How to increase download speeds of uTorrent

maggie

faster downloading.
Me again dont know what Firewall Im using you know Im thick.!!!

As P the P says Im not clever enuff to understand all this technoligy!!!
Hugs Maggie xx

maggie

faster downloading.
Done a system restore no good I now have a orange triangle that says no incomming connections on Bitt torrent head is shedded going to bed thanks all for your help.!!!!!Music is downloading film isnt.
Hugs Maggie xx

Last edited:

peter the postie

Wer'e not really here
faster downloading.
Well you must do something wrong with it then because it will max out your download to 100% if you let it.

She should not need to configure anything on her modem unless she has altered any of the standard settings.

What? .. Lots of users find that the default settings for some torrent clients are not correctly configured for use behind a wireless router or hub.

Maggie, let Martyn set up port forwarding on your router and see for yourself. It can't harm.

maggie

faster downloading.
Hi again,yes Pete I think thats what I should do forward me port (might ADD A BIT OF LEMON TOO.!!!!

Hugs Maggie xxx

JEANNIE

Going to get Thinner
faster downloading.
Och Maggie, your making me nearly wet myself, it's just like me reading this, like i am writing it, :77wu::77wu::77wu::77wu::77wu::77wu::77wu::lmao::lmao::lmao:

maggie

faster downloading.
Och Maggie, your making me nearly wet myself, it's just like me reading this, like i am writing it, :77wu::77wu::77wu::77wu::77wu::77wu::77wu::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Lol Jeannie Im sat here muttering away to myself I hate to admit defeat but where computters are concerned Im no Techno !!!!!

I type as I speak quess you do the same to .lol

Hugs Maggie xxx

Latest Posts

Top Bottom