luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
Farewell Ghost Ship
Well the GHOST Ship of Yalikavak has finally gone to its resting place .
It has been docked in the Marina now for the past 5 years - very eiry ship and I am sure plenty of ghosts !
Yesterday it was dragged out to sea and taken to Izmir where it apparantly will be " recycled " .
I used to love walking up to see it and so did my son and fiancee - who will be most upset in 2 weeks when they come out !
FAREWELL MY FRIEND ! :amen:

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Farewell Ghost Ship
We too Sue, that is the end for her, we always like to walk on the harbour, sadly will not be there this time.

PASH

Farewell Ghost Ship
i watch it in the bay and agree terrible listing, then they pumped it out, it levelled a bit then an hour later was listing again - Hope it made it to Izmir?

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
Farewell Ghost Ship
i watch it in the bay and agree terrible listing, then they pumped it out, it levelled a bit then an hour later was listing again - Hope it made it to Izmir?

Yes I saw that also - call me strange but I find it very sad - dont know why - after all its only a ship !
:boohoo:

paulod

paulod
Farewell Ghost Ship
I am so surprized and so saddened. I have not been able to get near the ship because of fencing for the last 2 summers, but I went on board one evening 2 years ago and I was sure there was some intention of turning it into a restaurant or club because of the fresh paint and the lighting. This was a landmark and I will miss it.

:boohoo:

jolo

Farewell Ghost Ship
Is it my imagination or had it been painted white last year before that it was just rusty.

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
Farewell Ghost Ship
Yes it had been spruced up and yes there was talk of a floating restaurant and disco - but alias NOT --- yes a "Landmark " has gone
I went on it a couple of times 2 years ago -- very eiry feeling and I am sure it held lots of ghosts even my dogs were " spooked " - if that ship could have talked I am sure the stories would be fantastic !

Farewell Ghost Ship
oh no i am gutted, loved that ship, it will be so sad to see it gone wont be walking to the marina now, :boohoo: it was part of yalikavak my dreams of owning it have now sunk

mikehibb

Farewell Ghost Ship

An I can tell you exactly where some of what they pumped out ended.
All over my brand new inflatable tender.
Took us over one hour to scrub the worst of it off.

But sad to see it go none the less.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom