ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Farce
It's reported that some Muslims working for a local UK Council refused to use alcohol based hand gels that the council installed to help prevent the spread of swine flu. Their objection was that it was against their religion.

The council replaced the gels with alcohol free gels but the Muslim Council of Britain has said that Muslims can use alcohol for medicinal purposes, and the council were wrong to replace them.

I wonder if this was ignorance of Islamic teachings on behalf of those who complained, or are they just stirring things up? In any case, it doesn't do the religion any favours that this sort of stuff gets publicised.

It also shows though how sh1t scared most of the authorities are here - they just knee-jerked without even researching the issue a little. Every Council has Equalities Officer's employed and paid for by the taxpayer - you'd think they'd know their subject or at least how to find out about such things - I even know from reading posts here that Islam allows the use of alcohol for medicinal purposes.

C

PASH

Farce
Simple - don't let them into the hospitals then if they fail to abide by the rules! Its not as if they are being asked to consume the gel, just wash their hands!

JEANNIE

Going to get Thinner
Farce
My local council {Dundee} has allocated £100.000 to a family of "FATTIES" to get them on a healthier eating programme. Now that's what i call a bl***y farce.
They would be better putting the money into getting the flipping pot holes in the roads fixed.

Jeannie:27:

PASH

Farce
I read that in the Courier too. Its there way of avoiding putting the children into care. I say the parents should be ashamed of themselves.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom