Saoirse

Farage at it again !
They have/had a motley collection of ner do wells and extremist unionist types in Belfast . They associated with some very unsavoury extreme right wing types along with other dinosaurs like the Orange Order etc

Unfortunately for them that ground is pretty well crowded amongst unionists and as a result they flopped badly at the polls. They still associate with some unionists but no longer properly exist in Belfast

Farage is absolutely livid with the EU starting to recognise both the reality of the island of Ireland making more economic and political sense as a single entity and with the growing sense of dissatisfaction in the North of being an afterthought to chinless wonders in the English Home Counties

Last edited:

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Farage at it again !
I am a keen supporter of Nigel, less so the whole of UKIP. He has been battling towards Brexit for 20years when, for most of it, he was ridiculed and insulted for following an impossible dream. In my view, even as a keen supporter of Brexit, it was always a one-trick-pony which was going to struggle to redefine itself.

All Nigel had to do was carry on with the one message; it was much harder for his successors to look like another main stream party. I think UKIP is probably finished, and it may need to just accept that and move on. All that could change if May tries to backtrack or water down the deal. UKIP has had a great success: it won. RIP UKIP, job well done.

Ian

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Farage at it again !
All that could change if May tries to backtrack or water down the deal. UKIP has had a great success: it won. RIP UKIP, job well done.

Ian[/QUOTE]

So what exactly is that deal that May could try to backtrack on or water down ?

Martin

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Farage at it again !

So what exactly is that deal that May could try to backtrack on or water down ?

[/QUOTE]
"Deal" may have been the wrong word, but I believe there some areas that are expected to be included in the final exit that are not being discussed much by government. For example, I have not ever heard Mrs May mention fishing rights. Although she is talking tough, I am suspicious of her over-cautious style which, as Home Secretary, achieved very little. She was, after all, a Remainer through-and-through. We will see.

I have just finished the Sunday papers. Interesting that both UK government lawyers and a secret EU lawyers opinion both agree that there is no basis in law for the UK to have to pay anything to EU to be allowed to exit. UK adviser is telling May to go for independent adjudication which will almost certainly support the "nothing to pay" argument.

Ian

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Farage at it again !
Weakens the EU hand, lol. Delusional Brexiteers reckon Blighty still rules the world. Are they in for a shock and back pedalling!!!!
Well, I can´t see how you get to that conclusion from one sentence I wrote, but surely if there is not €100 million Euro to pay for the key to the exit door, and that was an important part of their negotiating strategy (by their own account), then their position is weaker.

Ian

Saoirse

Farage at it again !
The bottom line is there's gonna have to be compromise

The EU obviously has a figure in mind less than what they're asking ( like all negotiators) but it's Mayhem who has the problem

She has been pushed along so much by the jingoistic swivel eyed right that they think Europe will give them whatever they ask.

They won't

It reminds me in a way of the reaction of English newspapers, media , experts etc when the England football team enter a major competition

If one was to exist solely in the bubble of what's being put out there by the English-you could be forgiven for thinking they are going to win the trophy.

However step outside that English partisan media onslaught, into the real world and the cold sobering reality is very different-as is the actual outcome

Last edited:

bickern

Farage at it again !
There are 800 billion of EU assets that the UK has some stake in. Figures of 50 billion and 100 billion are being bandied about as an exit fee but no actual demand exists so...

bickern

Farage at it again !
The EU obviously has a figure in mind less than what they're asking ( like all negotiators)

Hmm, apparently May has to stand up in Parliament and tell the negotiators what she is going to negotiate though, according to you and others.

Saoirse

Farage at it again !
Lol

The laughable bit Norm is -she doesn't know herself!!!

That is the most bizarre aspect of the entire referendum

The population was asked to vote for/against something for which the crucial details and more importantly implications -hadn't yet been even explored-yet alone decided upon!!

Farage at it again !
Well, I can´t see how you get to that conclusion from one sentence I wrote, but surely if there is not €100 million Euro to pay for the key to the exit door, and that was an important part of their negotiating strategy (by their own account), then their position is weaker.

Ian

Yeah !!!. Let us not forget also that the £100 billion which we won't need to pay will be another financial boost to the NHS. Along with the £350 million weekly figure which will be saved, sure our NHS will be swimming in money. BTW did I hear the idea of tax increases on the way being muted recently ? Perhaps not, or perhaps we are now being softened up for things to come.

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Farage at it again !
Funny thing with the Remainers: they really don´t want the Brexit deal to succeed. More of doom and gloom, I suppose, but whenever the optimism of leaving raises its head there is always someone ready to say how awful it will be with treasonous logic. And they become so angry when they can not win the argument; just watched Mandelson throwing his toys out of the pram having failed to beat the other side´s argument. Really negative people.

Ian

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Farage at it again !
Funny thing with the Remainers: they really don´t want the Brexit deal to succeed. More of doom and gloom, I suppose, but whenever the optimism of leaving raises its head there is always someone ready to say how awful it will be with treasonous logic. And they become so angry when they can not win the argument; just watched Mandelson throwing his toys out of the pram having failed to beat the other side´s argument. Really negative people.

Ian

You mentioned the Brexit deal again Ian, what exactly is it ?
Maybe the remainers just want to know what the deal is that you are so sure they don't want to succeed

Martin

Latest Posts

Top Bottom