Jaycey

African Refugee
Falcon Heavy
2wbu9mr.jpg

"The world’s most powerful operational rocket was launched on February 6. The 23-story-tall Falcon Heavy was built by Elon Musk’s company SpaceX. People gathered around screens across the globe to watch in awe as the rocket successfully propelled into space…

https://www.kyivpost.com/multimedia/video/ua-tv-ukrainians-celebrate-launch-falcon-heavy-video

1,500 tons, 23 storeys tall, holy sheet!

Jaycey

African Refugee
Falcon Heavy
Dare I say a concept financed by a South African and implemented using the Ukrainian Antonov An-225 Mriya?

Perhaps not :behindsof

We'll be having a party anyway!

ted j

Falcon Heavy
Which helps the starving and homeless exactly how?

Last edited:

Jaycey

African Refugee
Falcon Heavy
Which helps the starving and homeless exactly how?

Advances in technology eventually benefit everyone in some way.

BTW I well recall your post “You don't live in UK so why comment on Brexit?” - do you live in the US?

ted j

Falcon Heavy
No, but tonight at least one person has died due to malnutrition or freezing to death which might have been avoided if the money spent on this crap was distributed fairly

My Cousin Adele , was born without all her fingers properly formed , her mum took a so called "safe" drug for morning sickness , approved by the ****ty of the day (which even now, is denying, even though a judge has ruled now, the big pharma is lying through it's teeth
My dad died because he was wrongly diagnosed as having a trapped nerve
My Mum died because she was never diagnosed with thrombosis in her legs
Kath's brother died with Cancer of the throat (again wrongly diagnosed )

Our daughter, Tracy , at the age of 4, got Henoch Shonlein purpura ( a very rare blood disorder)
She was in Pendlebury childrens hospital and they'd given up all hope, until I had to read up on the disease and suggest a cure of using a trickle charge of Penicillin to allow the body to recover successfully , Which I believe is still used to this day)

So exactly WHERE are all these advances in all walks of life occuring?
It certainly isn't in medicine

Last edited:

Jaycey

African Refugee
Falcon Heavy
No, but tonight at least one person has died due to malnutrition or freezing to death which might have been avoided if the money spent on this crap was distributed fairly

And how many lives have been saved by technological developments over the years?

I guess you'd be happier living in the age of Homo Habilis (before they discovered fire of course :) )

Jaycey

African Refugee
Falcon Heavy
They were right, you are a troll .............................suck my shorts

A troll is a creature that when unable to defend its position resorts to childish insults.

Any bells ringing? Probably not.

And it wouldn’t be capable of understanding that the responsibility of a private company is to care for its shareholders rather than the unfortunates amongst us.

Freedom 49

No fun if it's too easy!
Falcon Heavy

So exactly WHERE are all these advances in all walks of life occuring?
It certainly isn't in medicine

I agree wholeheartedly with your view Ted and look at this as a massive Ego Trip for Elon Musk. As for sending up his Tesla complete with dummy driver and 'Don't Panic' stuck on the windscreen, well, if ever it went down onto any planet other than Earth, I'd love to see him try and recharge the batteries!

Meanwhile, every day, endless numbers of children and elderly people, along with youths and adults like ourselves are dieing from malnutrition, hypothermia, results of use of chemical weapons and bombs (technology?). If even a part of this squandered cash went towards extra medicine facilities then maybe we could see less deaths from the likes of Malaria, Cancer and even Childhood illnesses like Measles and Polio which are still prevelent in too many places.

The Elon Musks of this world need to take a good look around, get outside of their own little bubble and start to understand that a little humanity shown towards their fellow human beings would probaly be more appreciated by the greater majority.

Jaycey

African Refugee
Falcon Heavy
Clearly those that decry Musk’s contribution to science have never heard of the Musk Foundation.

BTW I forgot to say that another troll characteristic is in finding no pleasure in the achievements of others – probably the greatest achievement in astrophysics since the moon landing - and are incapable of understanding that technological advances are of benefit to all.

Small wonder that they still live in caves.

Saoirse

Falcon Heavy
Jaycey you were unnecessarily brusque to Ted ( and as i myself am a guilty purveyor of brusque posts I should know!!) on what is or at least should be a non contentious thread

Not gonna go on about it but reading back through the posts that's how I feel. The lecture endeth here

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Falcon Heavy
Fantastic achievement by the Muskrat , you are right Philip about the boosters , that is pure Tracey island stuff , and to all intents and purposes a fab achievement .

For once an abasolutely amazing achievement by a private company , if only his endeavour had been followed forty years ago .

Forza Mr Musk , we salute you .

Steve

Jaycey

African Refugee
Falcon Heavy
Jaycey you were unnecessarily brusque to Ted ( and as i myself am a guilty purveyor of brusque posts I should know!!) on what is or at least should be a non contentious thread..

The only contentious post I see (thus far :) ) is…

They were right, you are a troll .............................suck my shorts

When a member is unable to defend his position and can only answer with childish ad hominem I have right of reply.

BTW I hope you are posting as a member and not a Mod – I wouldn’t dare argue with a Mod on open forum :)

Kanga

Falcon Heavy
I hear today that the maths was incorrect and Mars will be bypassed. Tesla now en route to Jupiter. . .

Latest Posts

Top Bottom