hijo

in my own clique
Fake HM Revenue & Customs email
got a similar one from ebay a couple of weeks ago ..even ask for bank details and pin numbers ..so beware ..:mmph:

tinkycarol

5 a day inspiration!
Crash Tester
I had the same - it looks very convincing and although deep down I knew it had to be a dud (so I didn't go any further in case I opened a can of worms or gremlins) for a few moments my heart sang and I was mentally spending £1.5k...wishful thinking.
Carol

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Unless it's from someone I know, every email I receive is treated as hinkey.

Mushroom

If you work on the principle that the tax man will contact you when you owe, but keeps very quiet when he might owe you, you won't go too far wrong !

biggles

biggles
i am so suspicious of this stuff that i hardly ever click on a link from people i know [ unless they phone me first ] LOL

Chalky

The easiest way of quickly spotting a scam is that 99.9% of the time they do not address the email personally i.e.

Dear Mr Smith (or whatever your name is):smile:

A bank/official body will always put a personal greeting and certainly never 'Dear Sir/Madam' :nono:

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
It's also a bit of a giveaway when they call themselves Mrs Professor Doctor General Barrister, 3rd Wife of the President (Deceased) of the Republic of..................... :wink:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom