Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Expensive eateries
Tried the bar/restaurant cum beach club place on the beach behind the marina, sorry forgot its name, and thought that although they had live music, 250 plus TL for three very ordinary meals, a couple of small draught beers, a raki and two iced teas was a rip off. We said so and were told the live music was not for free but got a refund of 5TL each!
Nice looking place but beware.
Anyone else had experience of this place and other places with prices ?
Might be good for newcomers to know about but keep it genuine and not just because you don,t like certain places.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Expensive eateries
The name would be pretty useful, did you not check out the menu first ?

martin

Fendouglas

Gangless!
Expensive eateries
I think any of the eateries in (or near) the Marina are Cok Para - as are the Fish Restaurants in Geris and (tightwad that I am) I would not pay the prices in any of them when there is equally (and often better) food to be had elsewhere at more reasonable prices

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Expensive eateries
The name would be pretty useful, did you not check out the menu first ?

martin

The name is in one of the other postings and I hoped no one was going to ask about the menu because a very pretty girl sold us on the idea !!
Wife just said it was a fixed menu for the evening with the music.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Expensive eateries
Hi Des

The sales and marketing team certainly did their job then !!

martin

red

Expensive eateries
We spent an afternoon there, on arrival we went to sit on one of the huge covered beds and noticed it had a sign of 30tl on it so questioned this and the waiter just said no charge. I wonder what would have happended if we hadn't noticed the sign?

on the drinks menu was a promo for the set meal - quite a few courses and they sounded nice plus all local drinks for the evening 75tl, not too bad if it included entertainment too. Was the entertainment any good?

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Expensive eateries
We spent an afternoon there, on arrival we went to sit on one of the huge covered beds and noticed it had a sign of 30tl on it so questioned this and the waiter just said no charge. I wonder what would have happended if we hadn't noticed the sign?

on the drinks menu was a promo for the set meal - quite a few courses and they sounded nice plus all local drinks for the evening 75tl, not too bad if it included entertainment too. Was the entertainment any good?

To be honest it was very good.

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Expensive eateries
Bodrum Airport, because you don't know till you get inside and you cannot walk out!!

If I don't like the prices I don't go, if I know it's going to be a pricey meal etc I can cope with that, it's not every day you can watch the live shows that some of the restaurants have on, although it does say "Free Entertainment", we all know there's never a "Free Lunch"

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Expensive eateries
Bodrum Airport, because you don't know till you get inside and you cannot walk out!!

If I don't like the prices I don't go, if I know it's going to be a pricey meal etc I can cope with that, it's not every day you can watch the live shows that some of the restaurants have on, although it does say "Free Entertainment", we all know there's never a "Free Lunch"

Very true. Bodrum airport has to be one of the biggest rip offs going but you still see loads of tourists eating and drinking. Spending their last TLs I expect.

mollag

Kipper restorer
Expensive eateries
They are so shortsighted, i must have been thru Bod airport 30 times over the past 10 years and i have spent nowt in the interior cafe, had the prices been less than outrageous i would have used them every time.
It is not uncommon to see tourists taking fotees of the price lists!
I do use the outside cafe which, whilst being a tad dear, is not a gouge.

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Expensive eateries
They are so shortsighted, i must have been thru Bod airport 30 times over the past 10 years and i have spent nowt in the interior cafe, had the prices been less than outrageous i would have used them every time.
It is not uncommon to see tourists taking fotees of the price lists!
I do use the outside cafe which, whilst being a tad dear, is not a gouge.

I suppose with Tourists they just want to get rid of their excess TLs and price does,nt matter if they are not coming again in a lot of the cases.

OWENA

Expensive eateries
We went to Kalkan in 07 and flew to Dalaman airport. On our return flight we decided to go to the cafe and were expecting same sort of prices as Bodrum airport, but no, they were very reasonable. So is it just Bodrum that is overpriced? Anyone got any info on other airport prices?

Latest Posts

Top Bottom