pks555

excellent new gym in turgutreis
a really good new gym has opened in turgutreis called Gold Gym . its 200 meters from the Total petrol station opposite the gumusluk junction with the main road .
its spacious and clean with good equipment , saunas , nice showers . the owner speaks english .i have used the gym a few times and always found the staff friendly , helpful , and professional .

a good new facility for the area ..

Its been open for months, they keep putting leaflets through our door, we live just up the road, may use in January when we are out there, hopefully I do a pay as you go as don't want to sign up to a membership.

cweir

Hi,
What is the membership fee or can you pay per session?

pks555

the initial price i was quoted was 10 lira per day , 80 lira per month , or 200 lira for three months . but the owner will negotiate on prices .

he told me it was opened three months ago .

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Missus is going for a look.
What are the beer prices there ?

Its been open since May. It always seems pretty quiet so I wouldn't advise taking any kind of membership in case they disappear over the winter. There have been several businesses in this property in recent years

pks555

its a new business with membership increasingly slowly month by month . i hope they get support . i've been looking for a good gym in the area for three years so , having found it , i hope the business will be a success which will be the case if people do take out membership .
they are nice people doing their best to establish a new business and provide a service of a quality that is not available elsewhere .

Saw it, great facilities ... true there was just one person there, but the idea to not take a subscription cause it might go bust is a self-fulfilling prophesy. i'm signing up for 3 months. good point though that it is negotiable. i was thinking the same thing, but i'm gonna give the guy a break and pay the going rate for 3 months.

Efendim62

Been to an excellent gym just as you enter Turgutreis (left hand side of road as you come into the town, has flags outside) called Sports Life. Nice ambience, clean, lovely friendly people. Girl doing pilates and aerobics classes a few times a week and an excellent massage therapist who speaks English perfectly! Nice cafe too - check it out. The guy does a deal according to your means, etc. He's been in the business many years and is full of advice on how to get yourself fit, get rid of the cellulite and have a good time doing it!

I have been there and it is excellent the massage therapist has trained in the far east and has received all her qualfications whislt there. I would call her extremely proficient,
competent and knowledgable.

Been to an excellent gym just as you enter Turgutreis (left hand side of road as you come into the town, has flags outside) called Sports Life. Nice ambience, clean, lovely friendly people. Girl doing pilates and aerobics classes a few times a week and an excellent massage therapist who speaks English perfectly! Nice cafe too - check it out. The guy does a deal according to your means, etc. He's been in the business many years and is full of advice on how to get yourself fit, get rid of the cellulite and have a good time doing it!

Does he offer pay as you go as there evry few weeks but don't want a membership.

Efendim62

I'm sure that you can strike a deal with the handsome lad that runs the place my dear!

Sofski

Sofski
I went for a massage at this gym last week, and was VERY impressed!! I'm not a member, and I had no problem booking the massage. I am definately going back for another one, as I felt soooo good afterwards/ Would recommend it to anybody.

Sounds great!
Does Gail go wearing lycra in which case I will book a flight!!
:bump2::bump2::bump2::bump2::bump2::bump2::bump2:

Gail

Sounds great!
Does Gail go wearing lycra in which case I will book a flight!!
:bump2::bump2::bump2::bump2::bump2::bump2::bump2:

Ha ha, I go to Golds Gym but not in lycra Terry. I go to classes there (which are likes Tums and Bums in UK) 4 times a week, Mon, Tues, Thurs and Friday. The classes start at 11 o'clock, sometimes just before, sometimes just after it's Turkey. Very different to what I am used to in UK but still good fun lol :24::24::24::24:

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Gail, I too feel that now the winter is upon us, I need to start going to tums and bum classes again, otherwise the kgs will pile on with all the winter comfort food, lol.

See, if I was in Gumuskaya I'd be ok, with a very, very steep hill to climb I could do my workout up that in a morning as the weather's cooled down now, lol

Hope you're ok and still smiling.

Last edited:

missmonique

Does anyone know if this gym is still open? I went past yesterday and everything was locked up :-(

It used to open at 9 last year and I went at 10..?

Latest Posts

Top Bottom