Jane68

Eviction order due to need by landlord
Hi all

My apartment was sold, I received the notary letter giving me 6 months to vacate, which expires in November. I have not made a new contract with the new owners and they have accepted my rental payments.

I have been trying desperately to find a new apartment but in the current market it is not easy. Now my new owner has said they will go to court to issue me an eviction notice on the grounds of need. I don’t question their need, they are coming to live here from another city, so my question is can such an eviction notice insist that I leave before the date stated on the notary letter? The new owner is saying that I don’t have a contract with them, but I am sure I have read somewhere that unless they contested it within 1 month then in the eyes of the law they had accepted it? They also accepted 3 months rental payments from me.

It is not that I don’t want to go, I have found apartments and then been let down last minute. I am all packed ready to go but have to find the right one.

Thanks in advance

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
Hi

This post gives info regarding rental.

It has a section relating to Terminating a Contract by the Landlord/Tenant

shash

shash
Hi all

My apartment was sold, I received the notary letter giving me 6 months to vacate, which expires in November. I have not made a new contract with the new owners and they have accepted my rental payments.

I have been trying desperately to find a new apartment but in the current market it is not easy. Now my new owner has said they will go to court to issue me an eviction notice on the grounds of need. I don’t question their need, they are coming to live here from another city, so my question is can such an eviction notice insist that I leave before the date stated on the notary letter? The new owner is saying that I don’t have a contract with them, but I am sure I have read somewhere that unless they contested it within 1 month then in the eyes of the law they had accepted it? They also accepted 3 months rental payments from me.

It is not that I don’t want to go, I have found apartments and then been let down last minute. I am all packed ready to go but have to find the right one.

Thanks in advance
What area are you in?

enoch

I have the answer from the lawyer now, for anybody else in this situation, even if the new owner has a valid need to live in the property, they still cannot commence proceedings to evict you until expiry of the 6 months given by the notary
Good on you. There was something on here a bit back, and I wrote someone was renting had a contract the new buyers had to pay competition or they stopped in for their contract but it could have been worded differently. Good news.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom