Camden

eviction of tenants who do NOT pay rent
I could not do any of the above, because police placed a red tag on the door by which no one, including myself, could not have removed it (or at least this is what everyone including a Turkish lawayer told me). The issue is that she was dealing drugs and that is why I guess the police placed the red tag

The red tag means your house has been sealed by the police for wrongdoing held on the premises which is normally for 90 days if she has broken the seal entered and living inside ...then contact the police ....

A friend of ours a teacher let her house whilst outside the country to a single lady ,which she used for prostitution she was caught and the flat was red sealed for 90 days by the police with no one allowed inside ...

LuluRima

Is there a professional lettings agent association? They might be able to help. There's also a general helpline for foreigners with foreign language speakers, I think it's 175 but perhaps someone else can confirm.
I am not in Turkey

LuluRima

The red tag means your house has been sealed by the police for wrongdoing held on the premises which is normally for 90 days if she has broken the seal entered and living inside ...then contact the police ....

A friend of ours a teacher let her house whilst outside the country to a single lady ,which she used for prostitution she was caught and the flat was red sealed for 90 days by the police with no one allowed inside ...
This is how things happened (or in fact how I was TOLD they happened) - she was caught red-handed dealing drugs in my flat , and I would imagine prostitution too. She was imprisoned and flat was red sealed. four months after her imprisonment, her ex-husband came to Turkey and visited her in prison and got the key for the flat from her and went inside the flat supposedly showing a power of attorney letter from her. He must have broken the red seal at that time. From our side, my letting organisation although they have POA from me (the owner) told me that it is illegal to enter the flat even though the husband broke the seal because she is a tenant and she might accuse us of taking something from her belongings. She stayed in prison for 9 months. As she was released, her lawyer said she has a court order to enter and collect her belongings.
Three days ago, I was talking with her lawyer, and told him that I do NOT accept her staying in my flat and that she does NOT have contract and no legal right to stay in my flat and the I will start eviction court case and he answered me in a rude "thug" way that I will NOT be able to do anything even if I go to court. He told me - "go waste your money and you will see how you will be the loser". I inquired with 6 lawyers so far about what he said - the only positive answer I got was that MAYBE in a year's time I can evict her !!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean - honestly, we are in 2022 - and this is how the Turkish law works? HONESTLY???????

LuluRima

You say she was let in by her lawyer and your letter agent ? If this is so, find out who the lawyer is and deal with him/her directly. As you say, she was allowed in only to retrieve her personal possessions, no to take up residence !
I did - please read my lengthy note below

LuluRima

Like I said at the beginning go to the police, ask their advice, you get heavy handed and you will be the one in trouble. Everyone would like to just go and evict them by force but you can't. Best of luck.
everyone - and I mean everyone - lawyers I asked .... my friends ... the letting agency ... all... are saying the police will not do anything and maybe they will kick me out of the stations !!!!!

Chasey

So the red tag lasted 90 days but she was in prison for 9 months?

The "boyfriend" when in after 4 months? That's 120 days so no problem with the red tag?

Why wasn't the flat cleared after 90 days?

Can you have a go at your agent for this error?

Do you have a notarized rental agreement? What are the terms of the agreement concerning nonpayment, abandonment etc.

The legal system in Turkey is totally alien to us in the UK, the laws are often confusing and seemingly contradictory. I know they keep saying if you do X Y Z it will be illegal but frankly, the confusing law and protracted wait for court dates cut both ways. Id rather this tenant were trying to take me to court than the other way around

LuluRima

I totally agree with you... It's a nightmare. Yesterday I spoke to 6 different lawayers - some of British origin living in Turkey and some Turkish (although I am not sure if they translated what I was telling them correctly) and they all basically told me I am loser no matter what I do. It is so frustrating.
What makes me so angry is that the Yunitum (if that is how it is spelt) are complete THUGS. As I mentioned in one of my comments, those same people did NOT allow me to go in to take entry to my flat following purchase. I had Tabbo in my hand and my passport and they told me bring the police. I ended up that time to call the previous owner who has "some" dignity to call them and tell them that I truly bought the flat off him.
One expects that they wouldn't allow anyone else to just enter - but I am more than certain that they too are on it - they are all teams together - and they know that I personally am not in Turkey and they take my friend who has POA for a ride (he is a very friendly timid person and not the sort to fight....!)

Latest Posts

Top Bottom