angiesco

Eurovision-Hadise
Did anyone watch the semi-final last night? I only watched a wee bit of it (honestly) I saw some strange things, but didn't pay too much attention to where they were from. Some rock type, boy band singing about highest high and I think maybe they where. A group of girls pretending to play guitar and some kind of mix of a deep voiced woman then going operatically high.

I did want to see Hadise. It just doesn't sound the same with the backing singers/dancers. Also, her voice just wasn't the same, it was like she was shouting. I do think the song is catchy and my 4 year old just loves it. So we will see how she gets on after Saturday night. Though it doesn't start till 10 pm and with Hadise somewhere at 18 in the line up, I doubt I will watch it live.

Angie.

Last edited:

paddye17

Eurovision-Hadise
Hi

I know I'm a real saddo, but I'm really looking forward to Eurovision - can't wait. Yeah, I know it's awful music, political voting, blah blah blah, but it's an institution I can't do without. The voting's changed this year so may make it a wee bit less political (well maybe not). Anyway, I'll embrace it for what it is, get blotto on cheap şarap, moan about the crap songs, take the pee at the ridiculous costumes and shout at the TV when the UK comes nowhere (despite the Andrew LLoyd Webber song) and this time I have a second country to support. Coooooooooooooooome on Turkey!!!

Self-confessed euro-weirdo,

Paddy

:95im:

paddye17

Eurovision-Hadise
Those were the days...

The last time UK won it was in 97 with Katrina and the Waves Last year we came last!!

Turkey is third favourite to win this year (after Norway & Greece).... Cooooooooooooooooome on Turkey....

UK is 5th favourite (not a chance).

Anyone wanting an outside bet can put their money on Croatia at 500-1. Stranger things have happened in Eurovision land......

Ok, I'll calm down now and get a life. And a beer.

paddye17

Eurovision-Hadise
I know. I'm thinking of getting therapy. Even sadder than you think...I wrote a song for the UK entry once (in the old days when anyone could submit a song). It was called "Stop". It stopped alright, didn't get through the first round. AND I had to pay to enter. Got a proper job after that.

O well, the world needs a bit more fun like this eh?

PS Geek fact number 2: UK has finished second FIFTEEN times. Good job we're good losers.

:ukflag:

angiesco

Eurovision-Hadise
Well, Paddy, what did Sonia sing? I have been racking my brains and I can't remember. I think it was catchy, but not catchy enough or I would remember!

I have to say I liked Gina G and even bought an outfit like hers (those where in my young days-before children)

I haven't seen it in the UK for years but I think it is ashame that it will be without Terry Wogan.

Angie.

paddye17

Eurovision-Hadise
Hi Angie,

Sonia came second with "Better The Devil You Know" - remember it now?? Was catchy but drove me mad after a while...:lalala:

Gina G sang "Ooh Ah, Just A Little Bit" (classy song title). It didn't win but was a huge hit in Europe and was nominated for a Grammy in the States (blimey). Can't say I've tried a Gina G outfit but am sure you looked very fetching :)

Yep, the dulcet Wogan tones will be missed. Mind you, looking forward to improving my Turkish by watching TRT on Saturday.

Think you are almost as sad as me Angie - get on with yer life!

Paddy

PS. Geek Fact No 3: Over the history of Eurovision, the country that has given the UK the most points is.......................................Austria.

Andy

Eurovision-Hadise
The UK entry 'Better The Devil You Know' sung by Sonia at the 1993 Eurovision Song Contest in Millstreet, Ireland on 15/05/93. In the voting, Sonia came 2nd out of the 25 entries.

And don't worry Angie because we have another Paddy for our commentary.

I liked Swedens entry.

angiesco

Eurovision-Hadise
I think Graeme Norton should do a good job, he is witty.

I didn't see Swedens entry, I bet Paddy has though:hehe:

ı quite like Iceland, it is a nice balad.

My flag is out for Hadise (except for I can't find one:dizzy:)

Angie.

paddye17

Eurovision-Hadise
Yes, Graeme Norton will have a laugh with it. Agree with Andy about Sweden - has a chance I think. Would like UK to do better this year!!

Out of loyalty though, am with you Angie, Hadise all the way, this country's been brilliant to me, cooooooooooome in Turkey :clap::clap:

peter the postie

Wer'e not really here
Eurovision-Hadise
I vowed that I'd never watch it again last year, and I won't. I would if they changed the voting system however.

ronzeus

Eurovision-Hadise
I heard Turkeys entrant for the first time to- day,,oh dear pretty awful,also why is a belgian singing it ? :confused:

angiesco

Eurovision-Hadise
Ronzeus

Hadise's parents are Turkish from Sivas. She still has relatives there.

I personally like the song, there are certainly some 'pretty awful' entrants this year, but there always are. Thats Eurovision:3:

Angie.

peter the postie

Wer'e not really here
Eurovision-Hadise
Iv'e put a few quid on Turkey to win. Norway & Greece are pretty decent, as is the UK entry, but Turkey looks good value overall. I'd like to have plumped for the UK but unfortunately its a sad world we live in and I suspect the race aspect might go against us :(

Latest Posts

Top Bottom