PaulT

European Health Insurance Card / E111
First of all - not sure if I've posted this in the right place!

Here's a link to apply for your European Health Insurance Card - (the old E one eleven).

It's dead easy to apply for and saves the forms and queues at the Post Office! - and they ost it to you in seven days. Now, I know it will not be helpful for all you lucky guys living in Turkey but I assume that some of the rest of us do travel to other places in the EU sometimes?????

Anyway, hope it is of help to some!

http://www.ehic.org.uk/InternetPROD/home.do

canim

I just read this info ...

On 31 December 2005, your E111 will cease to be valid. From 1 January 2006, you will need a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) to receive healthcare that becomes necessary during your visit to an EEA country or Switzerland.

If you ticked the relevant box on the E111 application form asking to receive an EHIC automatically, it will be delivered to you before your E111 expires on 31 December 2005. In the meantime, continue to use your E111 form.

More info HERE

PaulT

Canim - where do you get all your information from? - you are just too helpful!! Thanks!

Incidentally, I applied for an EHIC on a Monday and I received my new card in the post on Wednesday the same week - very impressed!

Aladin

I applied on-line for myself and decided to do one for my wife and both cards arrived within days. Very fast.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom