Saoirse

Euro 2020
Disappointed with Turkeys performance last night

Yes they are a very young team and obviously couldn't go toe to toe with Italy but 2 aspects of their performance were particularly disappointing

Firstly the tactic of trying simply to contain a team like Italy playing in Rome was imho always going to fail. Trying to soak up non stop pressure for 90 mins and basically parking the bus was always going to end in tears

Secondly whilst I have acknowledged with such a young team expectations were always going to be relatively low- I was underwhelmed by their lack of stamina. Several were out on their feet by half time partly because of the containment tactics but I really must question fitness levels with some of them- something that should never be in question at this stage of a competition

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Euro 2020
Fitness was an issue for Turkey no doubt. I also felt they lacked courage or direction in going forward, however moving on, players should try to attain the fitness levels of these 2 master athletes if they are to compete.
FB_IMG_1623489285058.jpg

Saoirse

Euro 2020
At these tournaments after I read the English sports press I often wonder why the other teams bother turning up

I will stick with the team I have supported since a kid in every tournament minus old Ireland

Sieg Fur Deutschland

SLEEPY

Euro 2020
On this day 33 years ago I was in the Neckarstadion in Stuttgart, West Germany.
And on that day who put the ball in the English net...Ray Houghton did.
Oh such happy days.

Last edited:

Camden

Euro 2020
The Turks looked lethargic lacking in stamina and ideas. Italians now 28 games undefeated ,I can imagine they now have the impetus in wanting to beat the Italian record of 30 undefeated, back in the 1930's

Saoirse

Euro 2020
I was reading about the lobster fisherman yesterday who survived ending up inside a whale

He was explaining today how he survived

He had a tattoo which read "England Euro Winners"

As he told the media " I survived cos not even a whale is gonna swallow that!"

Frankie T

Euro 2020
None of the three possible outcomes would surprise me. Although, on paper, it should be a pretty comfortable win for England but we've been in this situation before and we all know how things have panned out in the past.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Euro 2020
Got a few teams of builders working at the house this week and none think they will win, nor do the neighbours I have spoken to. We can live in hope but so long as its good piss up they say.
I'm frantically looking for a cross of St George to attach to my mower as I need to cut the grass later.

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Euro 2020
Got a few teams of builders working at the house this week and none think they will win, nor do the neighbours I have spoken to. We can live in hope but so long as its good piss up they say.
I'm frantically looking for a cross of St George to attach to my mower as I need to cut the grass later.
Cut the grass leaving the shape of the cross of St George. it will annoy the neighbours when they see it from upstairs after 'We' win.
We had a gardener in Istanbul who cut the grass. Only later did we see the GS he had left just before a derby game with FB.

Mushroom

Top Poster Of Month
Euro 2020
I was impressed by the way the Met issued a dispersal order as the Jocks decided to take over Leicester Square.
In short, nobody shifted. Another Met success story. Why bother issuing an order you know you can't fulfill?
I once had the experience of being in the presence of the Jocks going to a game in Europe.
I have never seen so much beer being drunk over the space of a 90 minute ferry crossing, but in fairness no bother at all and one of them was chastised by his mate for inadvertently swearing in front of the boss. I think she might have heard worse in her time.

juco

Euro 2020
If nothing else they made an entrance on arrival in England, started on the flights down this morning.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom