tykatem

Available in sarcastic to
EU referendum vote.
Sturgeon fails to realise that the EU is not a devolved matter but is a UK matter. Therefore, a simple majority of the entire UK electorate as a whole should and will be more than sufficient to decide the issue.

Obviously she's suffering from the same delusional disease as Salmond.

Pete

cside

EU referendum vote.
An interesting question.
With devolved power to Scottish, Welsh and Northern Island parliaments I can see the logic of her argument. I expect the lawyers with have to resolve this. That being said I think it is unlikely despite UKIPs recent successes that a referendum would give a result where the majority want to leave the EU.

TCJ

EU referendum vote.
If England, in its paranoid lunacy, decides to leave the EU then Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland will have to do the same - whether they like it or not. That's what passes as democracy in our four "United" nations.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
EU referendum vote.
I would have thought that whoever hosts the vote could fashion it as they wished, with an and or, if when or even decide that it needs to be a 99% winning margin.

Will the immigrants who legally work here, thats most of them I believe, get to vote ? as the immigrant English got to vote in Scotland.

Martin

ted j

EU referendum vote.
Apparently DC has been shot down with his plans to hold a referendum by the lib dems and labour
It wouldn't be a bad idea if you want out, to have a word with your local MP and ask them which way they voted on having a referendum and then tell them (if they voted to cancel the referendum) you won't be voting for them again as they are not obeying your wishes

TCJ

EU referendum vote.
tell them (if they voted to cancel the referendum) you won't be voting for them again as they are not obeying your wishes
But they would be obeying my wishes if they cancelled the referendum - or doesn't your philosophy encompass the notion that some us don't want all this referendum claptrap where people who against the ECHR think that getting out of the EU will mean we don't have to recognize the human rights of foreigners? But I'm not too worried about this since I agree with cside that if it comes to the crunch we'll find most UK citizens don't want to leave the EU. If so, I hope that the minority of Ukippers will shut the F up and go away, they are so boring.

Spurs

Spurs
EU referendum vote.
Apparently DC has been shot down with his plans to hold a referendum by the lib dems and labour
It wouldn't be a bad idea if you want out, to have a word with your local MP and ask them which way they voted on having a referendum and then tell them (if they voted to cancel the referendum) you won't be voting for them again as they are not obeying your wishes

My local MP is a Lib Dim............waste of time me asking her.

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
EU referendum vote.
If England, in its paranoid lunacy, decides to leave the EU then Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland will have to do the same - whether they like it or not. That's what passes as democracy in our four "United" nations.

Can`t they make up their own minds then ?

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
EU referendum vote.
Under new EU rules, vacuum cleaners over 1,600 watts will be banned!

Where will the meddling end? Next they will be limiting the amount of dust they hold before they need emptying.

Ridiculous institution.

ted j

EU referendum vote.
Under new EU rules, vacuum cleaners over 1,600 watts will be banned!

Where will the meddling end? Next they will be limiting the amount of dust they hold before they need emptying.

Ridiculous institution.

Des, I don't know how to break this to you, but they want to regulate the size of all ironing boards too and (horror of horrors)they must all be covered in RED

Spurs

Spurs
EU referendum vote.
But they would be obeying my wishes if they cancelled the referendum - or doesn't your philosophy encompass the notion that some us don't want all this referendum claptrap where people who against the ECHR think that getting out of the EU will mean we don't have to recognize the human rights of foreigners? But I'm not too worried about this since I agree with cside that if it comes to the crunch we'll find most UK citizens don't want to leave the EU. If so, I hope that the minority of Ukippers will shut the F up and go away, they are so boring.

Where do you get the idea that its only Ukip voters that want out of the EU?

Ever heard of Tory Back Benchers?

akbukowl

EU referendum vote.
I would have thought that whoever hosts the vote could fashion it as they wished, with an and or, if when or even decide that it needs to be a 99% winning margin.

Will the immigrants who legally work here, thats most of them I believe, get to vote ? as the immigrant English got to vote in Scotland.

Martin

Those who are on the electoral register

Reactions: TCJ

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
EU referendum vote.
Eurozone Unemployment now stands at 19.5 million. This EU thing is really working well.

If you work in Brussels that is.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom