Question for you

MJL

Estate agent - return of rental deposit
So after a disastrous experience and having to move house to be able to get residency I’m in a situation where my estate agent seems uninterested to give me back my deposit . I gave them notice of canceling my contract which was excepted, spent a fortune fixing things in the place which they didn’t do, cleaned the house from top to bottom before I left and officially the house is still mine until the 18th of April but they hassled me to move out and give back the keys. My question is they don’t seem to want to give me my deposit back, 3000tl. I will give them a week then name and shame them, will give an honest review on google.

MJL

Wish I’d left the place in a mess now, but that’s just not me! A dirty protest would have been most fitting! Lol

esb1841

So after a disastrous experience and having to move house to be able to get residency I’m in a situation where my estate agent seems uninterested to give me back my deposit . I gave them notice of canceling my contract which was excepted, spent a fortune fixing things in the place which they didn’t do, cleaned the house from top to bottom before I left and officially the house is still mine until the 18th of April but they hassled me to move out and give back the keys. My question is they don’t seem to want to give me my deposit back, 3000tl. I will give them a week then name and shame them, will give an honest review on google.
If I was you I would seek advice before naming and shaming in Turkey as the laws in Turkey are not the same as in the UK.
If a complaint is made against your comments and it ends up in a Turkish court
A Turkish court doesn't favour people who air their grievances online and without approaching the court 1st

Last edited:

esb1841

You stated that the House is still officially yours until the 18th April
I assume your still paying rent until the 18th
It might be worth a visit your emlak unannounced asking for the keys back say to planning to stay there for a couple of days while your current landlord repaints your current house
as I say visit your emlak unannounced if you announce your visit your emlak might be diffcult to get hold of
It may be the case that the emlak hasn't informed the owner of the property that you have already left and was hoping to cash in on double bubble rent out the house short-term without informing the owner.
If the emlak hasn't informed the owner that you have already handed back the keys maybe they are waiting for the 18th to request the owner transfers the deposit back to the emlak
I guess it all depends what is in the offical rental deposit contract does the rental deposit remain with the owner or the emlak
I suspect most owners given a choice will say the deposit remains with them as it them that has to pay out if there are damages or repairs to be made following the termination of a rental agreement.
I suspect your emlak will be unwilling to hand the keys back to you until the 18th, it would be impossible for them to hand the keys over if they are short-terming the house
If you do get hold of the keys its simple return the keys deposit returned no deposit returned, keys withheld and if you have contact details of the owner let them know that once you have received your deposit back you will give the keys to the emlak or who ever the owner nominates

Last edited:
Straight to a lawyer, tell them you'll give the half if they retrieve the whole 3,000.
If you want to name and shame, PM me & I'll do it on a new thread (if TLF rules permit).

Latest Posts

Top Bottom