ephesus in february
hi,
i am travelling to altinkum with my sister in mid-february.
can anyone recommend a good tour company that will be operating from ALTINKUM at this time of year. i have done the two day tour-Ephesus, Palmukale-in september. i took the tour from Bodrum with Queen Travel and it was brilliant.i would really like to treat my sister.
any help would be appreciated.
thanks.

ephesus in february
We went in January and it was fab, only about 100 other people there. We went by ourselves in the car though, good time to go, enjoy

pipermam

ephesus in february
We also did this trip by car. If you drive in Turkey it is a great way to do the trip. We had time to visit Afrodisias which is about an hour from Pamukkale and a very interesting site. It is signposted from the main road from Ephesus to Pamukkale. We also visited ┼×irince which is very near Sel├žuk.

tinkycarol

5 a day inspiration!
ephesus in february
Hi, if you are not in a rush you could go to Ephesus by dolmus. I appreciate the dolmus may not be so frequent in the winter or maybe stop earlier but as it is out of season you might be able to stop over somewhere for a reasonable price.
I go a lift to Ephesus but came back on public transport. A taxi from Ephesus to Selcuk was 15L but got it for 10L. Selcuk looked nice and someone in Altinkum told me they had gone there for an overnight stay and the market was really good (not tourist tat) - mind you this was in either May or September. In Selcuk I saw a hotel called Jimmys Place which looked quite reasonable. Anyway it was only a day trip for me so I got the dolmus Selcuk to Kusadasi, Kusadasi to Soke then Soke to Altinkum.
Just though I'd mention it in case you don't fancy driving.
Best of luck, Carol
PS I would be interested to know if you do find any tours out of season.

hijo

in my own clique
ephesus in february
..totally agree with that..i would definatly go by dolmus..it will be a fraction of the cost ..also you can go along at your own leisure..not stopping for refreshments at pre-location stops and very expensive prices.... been there done that ..

ephesus in february
i agree with the above posts..you will get more out of your trip if you do it yourselves. Organised trips are a pain at the best of times. This way you can take your time. and out of the main seson you have the chance to really take things in without the crowds and the heat. Enjoy yourselves.

hijo

in my own clique
ephesus in february
..we usually have to take our visitors there about 2 or 3 times a year,i just jump in the car and can be there in less than 15 minutes..a tip for anyone coming out the gates ephesus, those restaurants charge a fortune ,,8 lira for a coke 4 lira for a tea..if you also do the virgin mary house(merrymanor) when your there ..thats were to get your drinks and snacks,they have price boards and they are very resonable...:28:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom