jazzcazz

English Speaking Solicitor in Dalaman.
Hi Folks,

Can anyone recommend a good solicitor in Dalaman who speaks English to help us finish the purchasing process of our apartment - Sunrise II in Dalaman City Centre.

At present we are using The Turkish Legal Centre in UK who also has an office in Istanbul.

In their profile they state
To meet the needs of clients with respect to Anglo-Saxon and European Law, Turkish Legal Centre has extensive relations with many excellent European, UK and US Law firms. We associate with the law firms Izmir, Ankara, Bodrum, Altinkum, Marmaris, Didim, Dalyan, Dalaman, Gocek, Fethiye, Kalkan, Finike, Antalya, Alanya.

This is rubbish as they only ever mention their office in the UK or Istanbul and have never given us the name of any solicitor they are using in Dalaman.

As they are messing us around so much we are looking at jumping ship.

We found them on the British Embassy website - a fat lot of good that did us. Just wished we had joined this forum last year.
Thanks

Cazz :tigger:

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Jazzcazz,
If you pm me I can give you details of a solicitor who I met recently at court in Ortaca. He has been very helpful giving me tips as I am at present taking court action and representing myself. I must stress how important it is not to hand over the final payment untill you know all the paperwork is correct.
Regards Steph

mike and hilary

mike and hilary
We can recommend Gokhan Gunes in Dalyan who is English-speaking and we can forward details if interested.

Mike

Lindacm

We can recommend Gokhan Gunes in Dalyan who is English-speaking and we can forward details if interested.

Mike

I can also confirm he speaks good English........

I am currently looking for a good solicitor in this area.

I would also suggest Gokan Gunnes he speaks English, and does the job he is in Dalyan he dealt with our house purchase.

jazzcazz

A big thank you to everyone who has helped us with information regarding solicitors.

dons

Could you give me the phone number of that solicitor also, having problems with our property in Dalaman too. Thank you

dalyansteve

Email gokhangunes81@hotmail.com his office number is 0252 284 5546 and mobile 0533 361 4201. He speaks very good English and I have found him to be honest and truthfull. He is also quite a nice bloke but seems very young to me!!

jazzcazz

HI Dons,

I can honestly say that Gokhan is a good solicitor to use. We met him last week and he was very helpful. Keeps us informed, honest and friendly.

regards
Caz

pebble

I was wondering........we are always inundated with enquiries for english speaking lawyers. Lawyers we have used and KNOW TO BE HONEST.
Everytime i see a post, i am wracking my brain and thinking, well so in bodrum i know this one, i know this firm, but what was the outcome of this, etc etc.
we have the british consulate giving out information that they haevnt checked or followed up on.

why dont we make a list, of all the good lawyers we know to be good or efficient shall we say, who speak english, who will fight for your cause.
break it down by town/municipality, references, who has used him/her, specialty etc..... who answers e-mail, who answers the phone............etc etc and when one of us needs this assistance, rather than blindly trying to help and maybe give out old information (they may get jaded, greedy, etc etc) we would have a ready compiled list.
seems like we have a good list going, just need to put it in a format that breaks down the cities/towns that they are in., just a matter of putting something together from past posts, and make a few phone calls to verify.

and voila.....we have a list that we can all benefit from.

and maybe make a deal with these lawyers for their fee, not to charge exhorbitant prices, but fair prices., find out what the going rate is, and work with it, make a price list that you all can live with and say look, all these yabancis need this service, if you charge a reasonabe price you could have all this business and lots of referalls...........

Latest Posts

Top Bottom