linda rodgers

altinkum is paradise
english notes
hi folks!!! love to read all your news. eleven sleeps till were back to altinkum...

hope you can help. which english notes can i bring to exchange?
is there a lloyds tsb atm in didim?

dont want to run outa cash.

linda
sunny scotland

edeller

english notes
Any current notes. No Loyds Im afraid (not to my knowledge). Get your sterling from a larger ATM in the town and take it to the PTT for Lira. Be careful though, sometimes they dont have enough cash so dont expect to be able to exchange large quantities in the smaller PTT's.
HTH

scotssteve

english notes
Hi Linda

twenties and fiftys produced no problems getting changed up to £400 a go - as of last week.
Watch the rates though because as allways there was a difference along the strip, varying between 2.25 & 2.29 on the same day.

Have a great time - we did and can't wait to be back in a few weeks

steve

mazanaldo

english notes
Too late for this year perhaps,but if you arrange a Nationwide flex account you can withdraw cash at any atm here,and no charges.If you need to your LLoyds card will allow you to withdraw cash,but they will probably be a1.5% admin charge,plus a currency exchange charge of 2.5%,so check out your best options.Cashing at the banks here will generally give you better exchange rates than the emlaks and bars on the strip.

english notes
Have I missed some general currency announcement ? I remember the Bank Clerk holding up a £20 note and saying "remember we can`t accept any of them after June" but I didn`t take much notice, thinking that it may have been a Scottish note; which we often have trouble trying to change.

I`d appreciate someone putting us on the right track regarding what notes are proving difficult to change.

Thanks.

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
english notes
You can not change the £20 with Elgar on the reverse side . Only in the Uk they are no longer in use .

I have just put a sign up in the club where I am secretary to inform customers that w.e.f. 30th 2010 these £20 notes will not be accepted, and must be taken into a bank to exchange.

biggles

biggles
english notes
Have I missed some general currency announcement ? I remember the Bank Clerk holding up a £20 note and saying "remember we can`t accept any of them after June" but I didn`t take much notice, thinking that it may have been a Scottish note; which we often have trouble trying to change.

I`d appreciate someone putting us on the right track regarding what notes are proving difficult to change.

Thanks.

as i posted . not elgar notes .

Latest Posts

Top Bottom