mike

Enforcing Maintenance/Services charges
Just wondered if anyone knows the rules and regulations regarding this? Is there a simple enforcable rule or is that too easy?

We are in the process of purchasing a resale property and understand that some of the property owners dont contribute and havent done since purchasing. These include local residents and Brits who are using their property as a holiday home.

We arent happy about the idea of subsiding others for our few weeks in the sun each year. It`s so annoying that the cost of non payers is distributed between those willing to pay. The complex has a small pool and small gardens so the cost is bearable but what happens when we get more non payers than payers!

Gail

Mike usually there is a designated person who takes care of all of this and that person should keep all the receipts etc for any one person from the site who wants to see them. I don't know how you can make someone pay, we have actually got a guy on our site who refuses to pay but I'm not sure what has been done about it. I will ask again when we go back in April.

parrot

Like Gail we have a few on our site with deep pockets and short arms,don't know the solution,but I think our site agent is looking into this problem,with possible court action against debtors with possesion to cover debts. :27:

rubab

If there is an association on the site that you pay these fees to, and if there are residences either local or foreigners that are not paying the agreed fees, then the association as most do have the powers to apply leans against the delinquent properties. And if that does not work, the association can also remove electric and water meters as well.

aitchij

aitch
Yes our agent has told us that on a couple of sites where people have not paid the fees the water and electric supply has been cut off. which seems fair why should it be left to a few to foot the bill.

bryn

No Active Member
Mike it is enforcable by law here but you need a good complex "yonetim" (director) who has the balls to sort it out.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom